Transportation from Seattle to Vancover BC

dollfan

Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge the train from Vancouver to Seattle does not connect well with the train south from Seattle to Portland.

The 1 southbound train out of Vancovuer leaves Vancouver at approx 5pm each day

I went back to Amtrak's Web site and no matter what I put in, the only option is a "motorcoach" from Vancouver to Seattle. I will, of course, call Amtrak about it, but I'm wondering how all of you are getting trains????

Thanks!

Jayne

:)

Hi

As BC Happy says there is no connection on a daily basis with any train that goes South from Seattle. So that is why you don't see a train when you put your route in.

We had the same problem when we came north a few yrs ago. One has to overnight in Seatle and take a train the next day.

If you just enter into the form VAC to SEA in the PM you will see the "Cascades" train pop up and it is at 6 PM. southbound.

• 1 year later...
Do you need a passport to get on the train in seattle to go to Vancouver?

Thanks

LeftcoastBC's reply is correct and to their comment, this is changing in 2009 and a passport will be required. Check the US State Department's website for details.

Since you will eventually need a PP for all international travel, why not get one now? If there is a flight problem or delay getting to SEA, flying to YVR is not an option without a PP. Also, online check-in for most cruise and air lines requires a PP# and without one you will probably have to do it at the cruise dock or airport after waiting in line.

I had a problem yesterday in trying to schedule the 5:45 train. I was trying to get August 22 and it noted it was not available and changed the date to the 23rd. I didn't notice the change until after putting in all the personal information and was unable to change the date, very frustrating. I did not go to the final buy stage but felt I left a lot of personal information floating somewhere. I then tried to do the trip on the 21st and it defaulted to the 22nd but I was then afraid to buy because the date I was getting was not the one I was requesting. If the trip was unavailable when requesting it on the 22nd why was it available when requesting the 21st? Maybe a site problem but anyone who bought recently needs to check their dates, I'll try again later and call if needed.

Archived