Bodden Town Pirates' Caves

sea_u_onboard

space.gif

Found this on the web. Anyone do this?

Bodden Town Pirates' Caves

The fact that you have to walk through a giftshop to get to these caves should prepare the visitor for the kitsch to come. Rumour has it that pirates used to stash their booty in the dank inner passages and that treasure still lies hidden underground. These days it's all fluoro skulls and crossbones, lame scarecrows in pirate hats, and parrots squawking out 'aarrgh me hearty' as though it was an announcement of cardiac arrest. It's dumb but fun. There are pirate graves just over the road from the caves, and like most of the graveyards in the Caymans, the dead'uns have the best views going. Bodden Town is east of George Town on the main road towards East End.

Hi,

If you search my name, you will find I've done what I consider my "best of" the Cayman things to do. The Bodden Caves are ok considering theyre really in someones backyard and most of the pirate stuff is kinda goofy and some animals, birds etc. they have in cages are scraggley...lol. W ith all that being said, it is a lower cave type reminiscent of the rock formations in Hell. Theres very little to it, but...we did it anyway. I wouldnt put it high on the list as the stingrays, snorkelling and beach are far better ways to spend your time, even the botanical garden is a interesting trip. If youve done it all and are stretching to find something else to do, try it...just dont expect much.

Ricknlynn

Archived