JS on Seranade vs Freedom??

Are they similar? I had a JS on Freedom during April vacation ( 1706) and absolutely loved it. Want it for every sailing. Of course I know that's impossible, but I can dream. We are considering booking the Seranade for April 08 and I was wondering if the JS ( TA only has a few ) are alike in size and/or layout? Also wondering if the Seranade has as many activities for the 15-17 yr old crowd as does AOS .

Thank in advance:)

We also had 1706 on Freedom (March 25th sailing) Deroy was our room attendant. Loved the room. The room was my favorite part of our cruise.

Just curious to see what you thought of the Freedom in general.

We had a nice time, but overall the ship felt really crowded to us!:eek:

However, I loved our room and thought the balcony was to die for.

Next time we plan a cruise we want to go back to the voyager class.

I have never been on the sos.

...great. I was very worried that I would feel too crowded but that was not so. I only felt that way at the elevators when everyone was getting back on the ship from the islands, so I took the stairs. To the 10th floor. Not easy, but I could not tolerate the jostling for space at the elevators. That is the one place where people showed their rude side, so I avoided it altogether.

jbraun, Deroy was our room steward also. He was so awesome that my 14 yr old DD teared up when we said goodbye. He made our trip very special and with the awesome JS and balcony you can rest assured that we had a great sailing. Will I rush back to FOS? No. I really enjoyed the AOS and felt that that sized ship is a better fit. That said I am now looking into SOS. Gotta try them all, no?

Glad to hear you didn't feel the same way we did.

We won't be back on Freedom class anytime soon either. We were

there during spring break, so I'm sure that didn't help. We also took the stairs as much as we could, but we had a stroller and that made it hard.

I often think of our room and miss it!!

I would think you would be fine in a JS on Seranade, I'm sure they are all about the same size. Try to get an AFT JS instead of a SiDE JS. Otherwise your balcony will not compare to the FREEDOM 1706 balcony.

Enjoy your next cruise!!

I also sailed recently on Freedom and had Deroy as our cabin attendant for our deck 10 aft cabin. I agree he was top notch. We loved Freedom and did not find it crowded. We sailed Easter week and there were 1400 kids onboard and we did not experience any problems at all with behavior or crowding. We are booked on Serenade of the Seas next Easter also in a deck 10 aft JS. From all the photos I've seen, a JS on Serenade is the same as a JS on Freedom. I am really looking forward to trying a Radiance-class ship for the first time but we will be back on Liberty the following year as we totally enjoyed the size and configuration of Freedom and we love the Royal Promenade. We also love Voyager-class ships.

We went during school vacation on the East Coast. Very different from spring break because these kids are mostly under 18, and on this sailing it seemed that they were mostly 14-17 yr olds. They spent most of their time in the teen areas..hardly ever saw them. That's a good thing...they had their fun and we had ours.

Thanks for the replies. The TA does not have any aft JS left..I checked the RCI site online and they have NO JS available. I may have to grab whatever the TA offers. I am sure I'll be satisfied, but I was spoiled by FOS 1706. *sigh*

We went during school vacation on the East Coast. Very different from spring break because these kids are mostly under 18, and on this sailing it seemed that they were mostly 14-17 yr olds. They spent most of their time in the teen areas..hardly ever saw them. That's a good thing...they had their fun and we had ours.

Thanks for the replies. The TA does not have any aft JS left..I checked the RCI site online and they have NO JS available. I may have to grab whatever the TA offers. I am sure I'll be satisfied, but I was spoiled by FOS 1706. *sigh*

Take what you can get for now and ask to be "waitlisted" for either JS #1100 or #1602 (both wonderful aft cabins; 1100 huge corner aft - more sunny, 1602 one cabin over with huge balcony with a mix of sun and shade)

Archived