teen on board qe2

noddie11

We are considering travelling on a med cruise with our 16 yr old daughter in July. Anyone have a rough idea of average numbers of other young people on such a cruise?

One - your daughter. Just kidding but I would imagine not very many. The QE2 is know to host a rather mature crowd with very few children.

We are considering travelling on a med cruise with our 16 yr old daughter in July. Anyone have a rough idea of average numbers of other young people on such a cruise?

what date and which ship?

on the qe2 there are forty children under 18 departing on july 8th.

cunard shoreside will verify this and give you the ages if you ring them.

glenn.

I would imagine not very many. The QE2 is know to host a rather mature crowd with very few children.

I would agree that there may not be many, however the child care (Children are from 1 to 17 with Cunard) is so good I suspect you'd not see many kids if half the ship were 16 year olds. Don't let your daughter think that the youth entertainment is only for young kids - I hear that it's very good and I'd hate her to miss out on having a fantastic holiday.:)

Without suggesting that anyone else is wrong, it rather depends on the particular 16 year old.

If she hates dressing smartly, and simply wants to spend time "hanging out" in an attempt to reject her family, then I'd not be positive.....

If on the other hand she likes to dress smartly, enjoys her family and has inner resources, then she'll have a ball.

The children's entertainment is clearly effective - I've never been bugged by children on the QE2.

I've seen teenagers in the Queens' Grill having fun.....

Matthew

I am taking my 15 year old daughter on the July 8 Mediterranean cruise. This will be her third or fourth time with Cunard. She enjoys adults, travelling and dressing up. She does not usually participate in the youth programs except for the occassional scavenger hunt. There is plenty to do and she has a great time. Let me know if this is your chosen cruise, perhaps we could introduce the kids. I have booked private shore excursions and if you would like you could join us. Kids often prefer having someone their own age with them.

Jeanne

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Yes it is the 8th July trip we are considering.

My daughter loves dressing up and enjoys the finer things in life so I guess she will enjoy it. We did travel with Cunard about four years ago and we all enjoyed it then but she was so much younger!

may rush off to the travel agent in the morning then!

I'll let you know

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Yes it is the 8th July trip we are considering.

My daughter loves dressing up and enjoys the finer things in life

There is nothing finer, so she'll have a super time.

Right - down the travel agent tomorrow and book! (If you can't get at least 10% off, try another agent!)

Matthew

We took Teenage boys aged 14 & 17 on the QE2 in 2003. They were adament that they did not want to join the 'Club' however we persuaded them to go and see what was on offer, after that they thouroughly enjoyed the 'club'. They also enjoyed getting dressed up for Dinner and refused to eat in the Lido. I would think you will find that there is plenty of company for your daughter as there must have been about 40 or more

aboard and the boys had a super time. As their Grandparents we were a bit dubious about taking them but we now know that it is one of the times

spent with us which they will remember for the rest of their lives.

Archived