Anything to do in Castries

Cruising Lions

Is there anything to do or see in the Castries. How far is it and can you walk in from the pier. Thanks

You can walk from the pier for shopping. We were there two weeks ago and were on the fantastic tour with Cosol, so we didn't have much time in Castries, so I can't advise what else there is to do or see in town. Upon our return from the tour, we browsed the main street in Castries and craft market for about 30 minutes. Here is a great link to info on the port of Castries:

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/StLucia.htm

I use this website to check out all my ports of call ahead of time. Hope this helps.

Is there anything to do or see in the Castries. How far is it and can you walk in from the pier. Thanks

Not really to much to do in Castries. There's one of the oldest churches in the Caribbean (200+ years old) and the usual shops of which some are pretty seedy.

My advice. Hook up with a tour or Cabbie (we did) for sixty bucks or so and he drove us all to way to the Pitons. You have to see them they are amazing. Also the local beer; Piton, is pretty good also.

Along the way you can tour a rum factory, a banana plantation and a drive thru volcano (smelly). Also there is a huge botanical garden over by the Pitons well worth seeing. St Lucia is definitely one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. Just get out of the town.

Have fun......:)

Archived