Question about Southbound Alaska

We are doing a southbound Alaska from Seward on the Radiance on 8/3. Are there duty-free shops open on the ship? I usually bring back liquor and cigarettes for friends. Also do you clear Canadian Customs in Vancouver and then have to clear American customs in Vancouver or after flying out of Vancouver do you clear customs in the airport hub city we are flying into which is Phoenix on USAIRWAYS? Also does anyone the duty free allowance if there is one? Thank you.

Yes, the duty free shops on the ship were open when we did the SB Radiance cruise. There were also duty free shops at the Vancouver airport.

We went through customs when we got off the ship and then again at the Vancouver airport.

We used the luggage valet service, which worked great... For $15 per person, RCCL took our luggage to the airport. The last time we saw it was when we set it outside our room the last night of the cruise. Then we picked it up when we arrived at our destination. As part of the program, they also printed our boarding passes. We picked up the boarding passes early in the morning and then were among the first off the ship. There was no line at customs when we got off the ship and since we made it to the airport before the majority of the cruisers, there wasn't a line at customs at the airport either... :)

Hopefully USAIRWAYS will participate in the luggage valet service. We used it in Miami and it was excellent.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Dave

You are welcome... :)

As I recall, they did... Don't hold me to it though... I'll try to remember to check, we'll be on a Pacific Coastal cruise arriving in Vancouver on May 12.

Archived