Alaska Cruisetour - What to wear? What to bring?

martylup

We are scheduled to arrive in Anchorage on July 28 with a day trip to Kenai followed by a HAL Cruise tour to (land) Denali, Fairbanks, Beaver Creek, Whitehorse, Kluane, Skagway & 4 night cruise from Skagway to Vancouver.

We have never been to Alaska. What would you recommend bringing in the way of clothes, outerwear & footwear?

Are confortable walking shoes(sneakers) & dress shoes for the cruise enough? Should we also bring waterproof hiking boots?

How about jackets, sweatshirts rain gear etc...

Thanks

Marty

I suggest 2 pair of shoes for the tour. The land tour will be mostly very casual dress. Dress in Layers. Take something that is wind and water proof (like as Goretex light jacket or similiar) and maybe matching pants. TAKE SUNSCREEN, hat (s), gloves, CAMERA and extra batteries. I will be on the reserve tour. I plan to skip the formal night in the dining room and will just have the meal delievered to our cabin or go to the Lido. I do not want to take up suitcase space with clothes that take up lots of space and will be worn only 1 time. If you order your meal to be eaten in your cabin, I think you need to place your order by 6 or 6:30 PM.

Have a great time.

I do not want to take up suitcase space with clothes that take up lots of space and will be worn only 1 time. If you order your meal to be eaten in your cabin, I think you need to place your order by 6 or 6:30 PM.

Have a great time.

We ordered a full dinner at 9pm 2 weeks ago on HAL with no problem at all!

I believe in mix and match for clothing to conserve space and provide lots of options, and I and enjoy the dining room and specialty dining. A nice pair of dress slacks and sparky top for the ladies and a suit or sportcoat worn with tie are worth it IMO.

The black slacks can be worn with a variety of tops from dressy to smart casual and the sport coat can be worn more than once as well.

Archived