First time cruiser on Spirit - have a couple of ?'s

newyork

My first question is when will we be able to get into our room? I'm traveling with a 4 month old and want to get settled asap.

Also, is it safe to leave our luggage? I will be packing diapers, wipes and formula and very nervous about leaving it anywhere - we are going on an 8 day cruise so it's too much to carry.

Any advice would be appreciated - thank you!

Shelby

I was on the Spirit in February on an 8-day cruise and cabins were not ready until 2 p.m. We were onboard by 12:30 or so, had a leasurely lunch at Windows and then went to the cabin. You may want to time your arrival at the terminal accordingly. If you get there too early, you may have a wait. They usually let people start boarding about noon. If you get there at 2 p.m., you should have a very easy boarding - walking right through and then up to your cabin for getting the baby settled in.

With regard to your question about how secure it is to leave stuff, do you mean is it safe to leave luggage with the porters? If so, I personally have never had a problem. I can't imagine checking your baby related items should be an issue.

Have a wonderful trip. Hopefully the motion of the ship will put the baby in a very relaxed state.

We got to the terminal around 10:30, and were on the ship by 12 noon. We left our luggage with a porter who got it to the ship with no problems. Our cabin was not ready but our steward allowed us to drop off our carry-ons in the room. We then went for a very nice lunch in Windows and then went to the atrium and made our dinner reservations for the rest of the cruise. By that time our rooms were ready. Enjoy your Cruise. The Spirit is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed our trip thoroughly. Just one more thought, I wouldn't get there too late because I have heard that many who arrived after 2 had very long lines to wait in. We virtually had no lines at all.

I would recommend that you bring enough supplies for the baby - diapers and whater else you would need to get you through until after dinner time. Bags generally are not dropped off until late in the day. You should have the bags no later than 7 p.m., however.

Not sure who Glamourgal talked to about arrival time but I can tell you from personal experience that getting there 2 or after there are no lines. I have done it both ways and it was much faster with the later time. I think from drop off to onboard was maybe 20 minutes at most which included the boarding photo. Most people prefer to get there early because they like to get onboard as soon as possible and the vacation starts earlier.

The cabin is usually ready by the latest 2 p.m. but you can certainly go to your cabin and drop off your bags and then explore the ship, have lunch and relax a bit and then go back to the cabin and start unpacking.

You will love it!

maryjo

I don't know how the rest of you did it, but we were not allowed near our cabin until 2:00 PM on the dot! We tried to go down to our cabin at 1:55, and they would not allow us, until the chimes tolled.

My first question is when will we be able to get into our room? I'm traveling with a 4 month old and want to get settled asap.

Did NCL do away with the no infants under 6 months rule??? I remember reading awhile back that they no longer allow babies under 6 months onboard their ships. Just curious!

They are usually finished cleaning and changing the cabins by 2 PM.

Are the penthouse suites ready any earlier? I'm not asking to get preferential treatment :o - just curious since suite cruisers are given priority check-in, etc.

Sea Hound

Archived