tendering from the triumph

beachgal58

can anyone answer this please? i have heard the triumph has only 2 tenders with 3000 trying to get to shore? people r waiting in line until noon just to tender? has carnival done anything to help this along? sounds horrible. i know if we book an excursion we can get tendered first, the only thing i am interested in the the snorkel byboat. anyone know the price and how long the excursion is? i dont like to book thru the ship but seems we have to here! cindy

I know there's a poster on the board who recently has made some indications of how horrible it was. We went in September. Yes there were either 2 (maybe 3) tenders. It did not in any way take until 12:00 to get to the island.

We went to the lounge to get our tender tickets at the time they indicated. We waited maybe 30 minutes until we were called. The tenders are pretty quick. When one drops a load of folks off the other one is already loading up at the ship.

I definitely wouldn't purchase an excursion just for that.

I waited til the line went down and walked straight onto a tender boat. This was about 12:30. No problems at all for me. They had 2 tenders when we went. When we were ready to leave,there was a boat already waiting as well. We had no problems at all.

i think the triumph is only at hmc until 3:30 so if we dont get on a tender until 12-12:30 sure doesnt leave much time for fun/sun and bbq...hmmm. the boat snorkel sounded good, but i checkd it out, $49 for an hour 15 min...that is probaly 20 min each way on the boat as well. i dont trust carnival excursions, most r this way. one hour of beach when it lists a 3 hour excursion..geeee thats b/c it is an hour each way! and the pursers desk doesnt know anything, they have told me untrue things so many times. i just go on my own, but at hmc there is no choice..thanks, cindy

i think the triumph is only at hmc until 3:30 so if we dont get on a tender until 12-12:30 sure doesnt leave much time for fun/sun and bbq...hmmm. the boat snorkel sounded good, but i checkd it out, $49 for an hour 15 min...that is probaly 20 min each way on the boat as well. i dont trust carnival excursions, most r this way. one hour of beach when it lists a 3 hour excursion..geeee thats b/c it is an hour each way! and the pursers desk doesnt know anything, they have told me untrue things so many times. i just go on my own, but at hmc there is no choice..thanks, cindy

Then you will definitely be in the line. They started at 9 and they did not make the call until around noon that the line was completely gone. I have only heard one person voice how horrible the wait was. The line was LONG,but it looked as if it was moving continuosly. We had a wheelchair with us and the bbq and stuff didn't matter to us. We did not book an excursion there either,so we choose to wait. Triumph leaves there early,but we still had time enough to enjoy ourselves on the beach though.:) It is a beautiful island,enjoy yourself!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Triumph yesterday. There are two tenders at HMC. We only waited in line for about 15 or 20 minutes. And this was first thing in the morning. There are no tender tickets, you just get in line. I did not hear anyone complaining about the wait.

Just off Triumph yesterday. There are two tenders at HMC. We only waited in line for about 15 or 20 minutes. And this was first thing in the morning. There are no tender tickets, you just get in line. I did not hear anyone complaining about the wait.

Exactly. They have two large land based tenders for HMC, so it really shouldn't take long to get off the ship.

Here is what they look like:

l6.jpg

And here are the rest of my HMC photos

thanks pals, maybe i will just get in line, i dont mind waiting in line but some people have posted that it is hours long! nobody needs that! oh, thanks for pics of the tenders this answers a question, not that i care how i get to shore, but it is posted they use lifeboats...cindy

Archived