Sensation Balconies?

ata1976

Can anyone tell me about the balconies on the Sensation? We currently have a oceanview booked but I am thinking about upgrading to a balcony. When we sail in September my DS will be 15 months and walking. How are the balconies made? I tried to search webshots and found a couple of pictures I think. One had only horizonal bars going across the balcony and one had a solid metal bottom then a gap, then a bar across the top.

Are the new ships balconies made of plexiglass?

Thanks for anyones help!

Good morning Amy, we saied the Sensation last May, had a balcony suite. The balcony did indeed have the horizontal bars rather than the plexiglass that the newer ships have. If you are seriously considering a balcony I would book ASAP because there aren't very many of them on this ship. Enjoy !!

We sailed on the Sensation last month. We had a balcony room. The balcony did have the horizontal bars rather than the plexiglass. We enjoyed our balcony. We did book it early though so we made sure to get one. They go fast. We really wanted to try a catagory 12 suite but they were all booked. So I guess we were lucky to get the balcony one. :)

The only balconies on this class of ship are suites.

Be careful when booking as some of those are obstructed.

Staterooms with partially obstructed views:

VERANDAH DECK: V23,V25,V27,V34,V38 & V42.

with V23 being partially and others like 25 being full obstructed.

Thank you for all your comments. Just have to decide if I want to upgrade or not. It would be about $500 total to upgrade the 3 of us. So I can't decide if I will spend more time in the cabin because of my son and would want the bigger cabin or if I would rather spend that money elsewhere like on excursions and such.

The only balconies on this class of ship are suites.

Be careful when booking as some of those are obstructed.

Staterooms with partially obstructed views:

VERANDAH DECK: V23,V25,V27,V34,V38 & V42.

with V23 being partially and others like 25 being full obstructed.

Actually, on the upper deck since the refurbishment there are quite a few cat. 12 suites. We've sailed her before on the veranda deck, (same as a balcony cabin on a bigger ship), but the upper deck now has what they call the "penthouse suites"..........(smilar to a cat 11 on bigger ships).....much more roomy inside the cabin than the veranda deck. When we sailed on her last may and booked U80, I was expecting something similar to the previous "suite" on V deck, but was pleasantly surprised !!

Archived