Ziplining Question

tazdeb

We did this tour on the April 29 Adventure sailing. It consisted of ziplines, tightrope type walks, hanging swings to step on, ropes, etc. It is challenging, but not overly difficult. The age range for people on my tour was approximately 11-60yrs old. It was a great time and I would do it again!

We are going out on the Carnival Glory they do not have this on the excursion list. We will be leaving on 05/26/07 Do you have any contact information, my son was just asking about this and I was not familiar with it. Any information greatly appreciated.

Going Pink:p

Thanks for your response. Was there a guide leading the way helping the kids? I have one daughter who would jump off the Golden Gate Bridge on a dare, but my other daughter is a chicken. Is there help? Also to the other poster.... I read somewhere that this excursion is "owned" by RCCL on days that their ships are in port. However it is held at a place called Lotirie (sp) farm. And if you do a search on ziplining you will find plenty of info. Thanks again.

I am not sure if there is a guide the whole way because we were in the middle of the group. A guide starts you out so that you get the hang of things, but he stays at that first zipline area to help everyone. There are also some other areas where a guide is waiting in the tree or watching from below the tour to help you get through a more challenging area.

To be honest, you hardly notice how high up you are, at least that was how I was, you are concentrating so hard on where your next step will be or what was ahead. It wouldn't surprise me if it bothered those afraid of heights because they'd probably be thinking of it too much but if you just worry about the obstacle you are on and whats coming up there shouldn't be any problems.

We just did this last week May 19,2007. Our tour was booked through the ship(AOS). Our tour left at 9:30 with a full bus load I think we returned around 1:00. The drive is 1/2 hour to Loterie Tree farm. We arrived and were handed a harness and one glove. They made everyone store their cameras and purses, I was a little hestitant, but had no problems.We put the harness on and watched a demo and recieved safety instructions from the guides. Then it was time to start the course. They suggested those that thought they would be slow to go to the back of the line.....this just caused a rush for everyone to charge to the front of the line. We ended up towards the back. There were about 50 people in our group, so I think we waited for about 20 mins before we could start. The first obstacle gets you settled into how the rest of the course will be, so if you can get past the first one, you'll be fine. Obstacles include things like tight rope, net bridges, zip lines, swings, etc. This was the first time I have done something like this. It isn't really hard, but different than anything else I've done so it was a fun challenge. I felt entirely safe the entire time, just follow the safety instructions. A few people had problems with the ziplines, because they didn't follow the instructions on how to properly slow down. There are several guides that stayed down below on the ground, they would verbally give instructions to those needing help. There is complementary water and punch when you finish the course. Make sure you wear good sturdy shoes. It gets plenty hot. They take your picture on the first zip line. I believe the cost was $15. They dropped those that wanted to off on the end of Front Street so they could go shopping.

Archived