Freedom 9A only rooms left, what to do???

Jolie

:confused: IF these 9A cabins were the only ones available in the Carnival Freedom or Liberty class ship, which would you choose or not choose and why?

Cabin#6452, 6483, 8442, 8449, 8455?

Help meeeee sooon!!!!:confused:

If I were to choose between them, I would go with 8455.

The deck 6 cabins are right above a lounge. While the noise is not all that bad (I didn't have a problem with it) you can hear activity until the place shuts down.

8442 and 8449 are not wrap arounds and you miss out on the biggest part of the balcony.

8455 all the way. :D

I have had aft balcony cabins on the Conquest and the Glory, and have partied on the wraparound balconies, so this is an educated opinion, not a guess.

:confused: IF these 9A cabins were the only ones available in the Carnival Freedom or Liberty class ship, which would you choose or not choose and why?

Cabin#6452, 6483, 8442, 8449, 8455?

Help meeeee sooon!!!!:confused:

6452, 6483 for sure, they are Wrap Arounds and less noise from Lido Deck.

Fred

I have it on good authority (someone who has stayed in/seen both cabins) that 8455 (assuming it is laid out the same as 8448) is not as spacious as 6452. Not nearly as much floor space to move around in. She did say that there was some Lido deck noise in the morning, but not enough to bother her.

so the question becomes, do you want deck chairs in the morning, or bad kareoke at night?

I have it on good authority (someone who has stayed in/seen both cabins) that 8455 (assuming it is laid out the same as 8448) is not as spacious as 6452. Not nearly as much floor space to move around in. She did say that there was some Lido deck noise in the morning, but not enough to bother her.

so the question becomes, do you want deck chairs in the morning, or bad kareoke at night?

Are you putting words in my mouth, or just trying to up your post count?? :P

J/K, what she said. Personally, I'd go for the deck chairs, even with the lack of space. It couldn't have been that bad if we booked 8448 again this October!

ETA - Whatever you pick, I'd definitely take a wrap over the other 9As!!!

8455 is my first choice for cabins on the Conquest class ships. The room is set up odd, but the balcony is great. We have had some chair scrapping noises from the Lido deck, but not enough to bother us. It is also really convenient to the Lido deck. We usually got our breakfast and lunch trays and ate out on the balcony.

I knew I Could count on you all for help!

It sounds like the wrap around balconies are the way to go. I have never been in a cabin with one before, but I think we will take that route this go around! It seems that most people that have tried an aft wraparound won't cruise without one the next go around.

Thanks again for your input!

I have been in both Cabins and i thought 8448 felt bigger.

I did here the deck chairs late at night and early in the morning, it was enought to wake me up.

Cabin 6452 (which i have booked again for our next Liberty cruise) feels smaller to me because there is a couch in the cabin but we have never heard any noise from the aft bar in our cabin but, you can hear it in the hall.

I am also reading on the webpages, that most people that get the 9A wraparound balconies actually prefer them over the Category 11??? When you all say the room layout is odd, is it still functional or what exactly do you mean by odd? Just the arrangement of the furniture or the shape of the room?

You all are the best!

I am also reading on the webpages, that most people that get the 9A wraparound balconies actually prefer them over the Category 11??? When you all say the room layout is odd, is it still functional or what exactly do you mean by odd? Just the arrangement of the furniture or the shape of the room?

You all are the best!

If Carnival offered me a free upgrade to a catagory 12, I don't think I would take it over a 9A. And I know I wouldn't take an 11!

The rooms are triangle shaped. When you slap a bed in there it makes some choke points in the room. It isn't anything we couldn't deal with, but we had to do some dancing to get to the closet or the vanity at times. And my husband developed an annoying habit of standing at the corner of the bed and blocking my way! He got the hint when I walked over the bed though! LOL!

You all are the best!

by odd shaped, i think we are taking about the fact that it is not square or rectangle like other staterooms. It is still functional with space to move around. It is more of a triangular shape.

A suite is bigger but i for one, don't care how big the cabin is, i love the huge balcony.

If you want a large cabin then a suite would be best, if you want to huge balcony, pick the 9A.

These are for 2 people only, right? 8449 and 8455 are both available, and we need 2 cabins, but we have 7 people, so I guess that wouldn't work? We need 4 in one cabin and 3 in the other. I'm talking about the Conquest. :confused:

These are for 2 people only, right? 8449 and 8455 are both available, and we need 2 cabins, but we have 7 people, so I guess that wouldn't work? We need 4 in one cabin and 3 in the other. I'm talking about the Conquest. :confused:

You are correct, these are double cabins only.:)

I vote for 6452. Even better when you have friends in 6450 with extended balcony. Great for huge balcony parties....until security shows up. :eek:

How funny:) We have these two exact cabins for our Liberty cruise this July, plus we have the other L-shaped cabin, so we have three large balconies in a row, should be a good party place:D

Ok, I'm really confused now, forgive me. What is the best wrap balcony on the Freedom/Liberty? I am interested in the 9A or a Cat 11. We will put our DD in an inside near us, she will be 21 at time of sailing. We have had Cabin 6232 on Carnival Pride, and E729 on Golden Princess, both fantastic balconies. Don't want to settle for less.

Sharon

• 2 months later...

I'm booked on the Freedom in 08.

Had 7440 but after looking at the deck plans it seems the balcony is smaller on the Empress Afts so I just switched to 6483 Wrap on Upper.

Did I make a mistake? Someone here posted 7440 was THE BEST aft so now I'm second guessing my decision!

Why oh why do I put myself through this.....LOL and thanks for any input!

Sharon

Sharon, you did not make a mistake! We had 6452 on the Glory in April this year and our friends had 6483. They are awesome cabins! Due to the noise HEARD IN THE HALLWAY late into the evenings, we have booked 7440 and 7445 for next year. With that said, we DID NOT have noise issues in our cabin! Our children and grandchildren, as well as several friends are sailing with us next year, and their cabins are near the elevators; on the Upper deck they would have had nightclubs below them and the kids would never gotten to sleep. Here are a few pictures of 6452.

2761272140064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2304156860064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2654999780064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2554921160064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm booked on the Freedom in 08.

Had 7440 but after looking at the deck plans it seems the balcony is smaller on the Empress Afts so I just switched to 6483 Wrap on Upper.

Did I make a mistake? Someone here posted 7440 was THE BEST aft so now I'm second guessing my decision!

Why oh why do I put myself through this.....LOL and thanks for any input!

Sharon

Relax, it is all subjective. Some prefer the Empress deck because there are cabins above and below and they don't have to worry about noise. What works for one doesn't work for others. Unless you are planning huge parties, the Empress deck balconies should be fine.

is the Veranda deck wraps, then the Empress and then Upper deck. I have had the Veranda deck wraps several time and they are by far the biggest balcony, we just had Empress 7440 on Liberty in May and it was not as big as 8448, our friends had the Upper wrap port side their balcony was much smaller but their room was bigger the the Empress room. If I had a choice I would take Veranda first, then Empress as it still wraps around the side then Upper. If I get time I will post some pictures or email me at ldavison@twcny.rr.com and I can send you pictures of 8448 and 7440. Linda

Great pictures Gail!

Linda, I have emailed you.....It will be great to have the pics of both staterooms to help me make up my mind before they are gone.....

Duck....thanks to you for your views also......:)It seems like we will be good in any of the aft corner wraps...:)

Sharon

Great pictures Gail!

Linda, I have emailed you.....It will be great to have the pics of both staterooms to help me make up my mind before they are gone.....

Duck....thanks to you for your views also......:)It seems like we will be good in any of the aft corner wraps...:)

Sharon

It was a helluva party. I believe Brenda mentioned about Security showing up. ;)

Archived