Navigator Embarkation day bar/food info please???

Hi there!

I wonder if anyone can advise.......

We are embarking on Saturday 2nd June an hour after getting married shore-side & the ship sails at 4pm.

When we (a wedding party of 39) get on board we wish to gather in a bar for a few drinks/champagne toasts & speeches, which bar would you recommend for being fairly quiet? My Dad doesn't particularly want to announce his speech to 100 people we don't know, although we similarly don't want to take over anywhere IYKWIM ;)

oooh & also which restauarants are open for lunch?

It's our first time with RCCL & I know that a few ships main restaurants don't open on the first day, just not sure about the Navigator.

Thanks in advance! :)

Not being able to tell the future, I bet the viking crown lounge will be the least crowded at first.

There are so many other venues for cruisers to explore and the viking crown lounge is the highest on the ship, if you all head up there first you may have the place to yourselves( sort of).

Thanks Donato' date=' much appreciated.

Any ideas on restaurants that will be serving lunch or has anyone else any ideas please?:)[/quote']

I'm sure the Windjammer will be open - buffet food goes down fast so you can celebrate a right proper Irish wedding!!!

Congrats on the wedding and enjoy the cruise!

If you have that many folks, and want something private, call RCI--they will be happy to set you up with a private meeting room. They will also arrange for food and bar, if you desire! The Viking Crown lounge is a prime "sail-away" location, due to the fabulous views! Don't expect it to be empty!

The windjammer will have lunch ready for you. I think they make an extra effort in the windjammer for the pre-sailing lunch, so it should be good.

I didn't see you were coming from Ireland to get married in Miami.

Best Wishes. Where are you getting married? Don't worry we won't show up, knowing there won't be any booze there.

I still think the Viking crown lounge will be good. There will be others up there for sure, but it is a large round room and others will give you some space (or at least applaude your dad's speech).

:) Thanks guys - very helpful!!!

We're getting married in the UK & sailing out of Southampton on a 3 day cruise.

Our honeymoon proper is a week & a half later sailing out of Miami!

Ouir first visit to the US (can't wait) :D

Archived