Discount coupons and discount books from ship

Hi all,

This is my first time starting a thread. My family enjoys going to the shopping orientations on the ship and getting the free coupons and discount books. We then map out our route on the islands and go for the free things. Ok, we also shop as we go. We're not entirely cheap, as we also buy things. However, we found the trinkets make fun souvenirs for our daughter to take to her friends. She adds them to the things she bought for them. The last cruise we saw lots of people like us searching for the various shops that service the coupons. It's almost like a scavenger hunt. Some of the things we've gotten are gold chains, gold coins, a Cuban cigar (went to my husband..LOL), carry bags, and other things. :)

Have any of you done this? What have you gotten?

At the shopping talk, I caught a black pearl necklace that they threw out into the audience. DH caught a (small) bottle of vanilla, and DS caught a (small) bottle of liqueur. Diamonds International gives out charm bracelets and you can get charms in many of the ports. You have to hang on to the card that they stamp every time you get a charm. I think they also give out diamond earring studs. There's a shop in Cozumel that gives out cruise ship charms with your ship's name on it. Those are some of the things I can think of right now that we have gotten free. TG23

Archived