Luggage on Cruisetour w/Emerald Grand Med

Plainsman

Does any one know the luggage limits on the cruisetour "Under the Tuscan Sun" pre-cruise with the Emerald Grand Med out of Venice. It is a Globus tour under the Princess name. Globus only allows one bag and no rolling carry-ons. My TA said unlike the Alaskan cruise tours that sent one bag on to our ship, both bags would stay with us on the trip. I and my TA have tried to find out to no avail.

You should get this information with the pre-cruise documents which should arrive shortly after your final payment due date. I don't think it matters who Princess contracts with, they usually only allow you to take one bag on the land portion and send the rest on to the ship.

You should get this information with the pre-cruise documents which should arrive shortly after your final payment due date. I don't think it matters who Princess contracts with, they usually only allow you to take one bag on the land portion and send the rest on to the ship.

Have all cruise docs, got six Princess Baggage tags and six stateroom tags for me and DW. Personalized itin says "All your luggage will stay with you thru land tour."

Plainsman - We are also taking the "Under Tuscan" tour for the Emerald Med in 08 but couldn't find it at the Globus site. Which tour is it listed under? It seems what Princess is charging for the four days will cover the cost of the entire Globus trip. And 08 prices aren't even up yet.

Plainsman - We are also taking the "Under Tuscan" tour for the Emerald Med in 08 but couldn't find it at the Globus site. Which tour is it listed under? It seems what Princess is charging for the four days will cover the cost of the entire Globus trip. And 08 prices aren't even up yet.

Dott, Although Globus is directing the tour for Princess, it is a Princess cruisetour. It is listed in the 2007 Princess Grand Med, Greek Isles & Egypt catalog. We had no dealing with Globus, but I read where Globus has a one bag, no rolling carryon policy and wondered whose rules to follow. It is expensive but European hotels and all are much higher now.

Plainsman - Did you book the airfare and insurance thru Princess as well? We did the whole package. Seems like a wonderful itinerary, can't wait to hear your comments. Have a safe and memorable trip.

Plainsman - Did you book the airfare and insurance thru Princess as well? We did the whole package. Seems like a wonderful itinerary, can't wait to hear your comments. Have a safe and memorable trip.

Dott- Yes, we booked air and ins with Princess thru our TA. We wanted more time in Florence than allowed on a daily excursion from the ship. We had heard that the Tuscany area was one of the most scenic areas of Italy. I will post or send comments andpics when we return.

Does any one know the luggage limits on the cruisetour "Under the Tuscan Sun" pre-cruise with the Emerald Grand Med out of Venice. It is a Globus tour under the Princess name. Globus only allows one bag and no rolling carry-ons. My TA said unlike the Alaskan cruise tours that sent one bag on to our ship, both bags would stay with us on the trip. I and my TA have tried to find out to no avail.

We have been going through same concerns with Ring of Kerry tour we are starting 18 June.

Last year's material on the tour stated that Princess would handle a second bag from arrival at Cork to stateroom on ship, but they are not doing that now.

I am sure our TA and Princess are tired of us by now, but we have received the following reply from our TA ". . . response was Princess, Nancy Gilbert, Director of Cruise Tours, in particular, said that it is not an issue of the weight that we take on the Globus Tour."

Now, this says "weight" and not number of bags so . . .

In any event, the "catch" about only one bag was not known until the final documents were received which is way late in the game.

Princess certainly needs to do a better job of communication on this.

Excess baggage charges will apply for the Cork - London flight as Aer Lingus only allows one 44# bag per person.

Suggest you keep working with your TA and Princess to at least raise the level of dissatisfaction they see.

We have been going through same concerns with Ring of Kerry tour we are starting 18 June.

Last year's material on the tour stated that Princess would handle a second bag from arrival at Cork to stateroom on ship, but they are not doing that now.

I am sure our TA and Princess are tired of us by now, but we have received the following reply from our TA ". . . response was Princess, Nancy Gilbert, Director of Cruise Tours, in particular, said that it is not an issue of the weight that we take on the Globus Tour."

Now, this says "weight" and not number of bags so . . .

In any event, the "catch" about only one bag was not known until the final documents were received which is way late in the game.

Princess certainly needs to do a better job of communication on this.

Excess baggage charges will apply for the Cork - London flight as Aer Lingus only allows one 44# bag per person.

Suggest you keep working with your TA and Princess to at least raise the level of dissatisfaction they see.

mdamron: The only thing my personalized itinerary says about luggage is "All of your luggage will travel with you throughout your land tour. Your tour director will provide further instructions."

I was just browsing the Globus site when I saw their one bag, no rolling carryon policy. Since it is a Princess tour, only directed by Globus, looks like we could carry what Princess allows. Let me know if you learn more.

mdamron: The only thing my personalized itinerary says about luggage is "All of your luggage will travel with you throughout your land tour. Your tour director will provide further instructions."

I was just browsing the Globus site when I saw their one bag, no rolling carryon policy. Since it is a Princess tour, only directed by Globus, looks like we could carry what Princess allows. Let me know if you learn more.

We have been assured that the Globus one-bag policy will not apply. We do have to adhere to the one 44# bag allowance for the Aer Lingus flight from Ireland to London, so are planning on having to pay excess baggage charges.

Hi all-

I am not taking this tour but saw you were discussing it-I ran across this info on another thread and thought it might be of help to you?

#

1 report.gif

post_old.gif May 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM

jacksonwayne user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_10073130", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon8.gifUnder the Tuscan Sun Cruisetour Important Info

Those of you (us) going on the "Under the Tuscan Sun Cruisetour"; before you embark Emerald Princess in Venice on 17 May, be advised; The luggage restrictions imposed by Globus referred to in earlier posts are true. These differ with standard Princess luggage policy, but are not to be disregarded. I have verified them today with my TA and Princess. Each passenger, upon arrival in Milan, after luggage pickup, will be required to send all but 1 piece of luggage ahead and a small carryon at that time, to the Emerald Princess. The remaining piece of luggage (up to 50 lbs) any size, (remember airline restrictions) will go to the Milan Marriott Hotel with the tour passengers(us).. The You additional carryon you can take on the tour portion is described as "briefcase sized". I am trying to spread the word on this ASAP,so that a bunch of us won't have to repack at the Milan Airport. You will not be able to take all your bags to the hotel in order to repack. Feel free to verify this with your own TA, but don't waste any time waiting for a different answer.You can rest assured I have gone around and around with both Globus and Princess, their response is "read the fine print".Personally,my wife and I are repacking now, shifting the formal wear,and shoes mostly, into the luggage going to the ship. Hope this helps.

Having been on 15 cruises, the problem is getting the luggage to the ship. There are restritions in flying. I have found that with a $20 bill, porters will load a Sherman Tank on a cruise line.

Capt Mano

I guess one of the lessons learned from this is that the Princess material is at best confusing.

Don't know how much more it would cost them in ink to add a few more words to their cruise tour information to explain the situation.

Archived