Which Stingray tours are close to the cruise dock?

Luckyladyh

Looking for tour companies that are actually within walking distance from where the tenders let you off. We have a party of 12, and do not want to catch taxi's to pick up a boat to do our excursion. We feel it would be too expensive and take too much time.

Any recommendations for Stingray city tour companies that do not require a taxi, I assume there are ones that require a short walk? Or a company who has transporation to pick us up for a short drive.

With all the companies always mentioned, I can't figure out which company is within walking distance.

Thanks.

We just got back from Grand Cayman last week. Our first visit there, so I can only tell you what we experienced. Once we got off the tender there were lots and lots of tour guides/promoters, either prearranged or not. Many were walking around with signs with their price of $40. We also saw one (and ended up booking) for $30. All of them offered transport to the boat that took you to Stingray City, swim with the stingrays, snorkling, and water and punch on their boat.

This was our tour guide - a certified dive instructor - very patient with me, the very inexperienced snorkler

2911784080083909676bmClSS_th.jpg

The bus we took to get to the boat

2699063970083909676ElXKTL_th.jpg

We had a total of about 20 people on our particular boat versus 75 on others. Very personal service, great instruction and education on stingrays.

yes you will have no problem catching a tour at the tender landings. We resevered in advance with moby dick tours for $35 per person and we had a great time(if you want to do that in advance go to www.mobydicktours.com and shoot them an email. No credit card or deposit is required). It was the highlight of our cruise. But there is a parking lot between the two tender landings which are only a block or two away from each other. I think most of the tour operators park their vans and buses there and wait at the landings to gather customers then walk them right over to their vehicle.

We also had a small group of about 25-30 and were in a similar school bus

p1020837xs9.jpg

Another great company within walking distance is Capt. Marvins. They also have a website online, which you can find through Google. They will even drop you off at Seven Mile Beach on the way back from the excursion for free, which will save another taxi ride for you all.

We used Capt. Marvins last September. They were wonderful. Capt. Marvin, himself, drove our boat. He is 90 years old. He was great. We had a blast. They even had a videographer (sp?) that shot views of your time on the boat and in the water. It was about $50.00 bucks. Pretty neat.

oh i forgot, moby dick does the beach drop off as well. I didnt get to take advantage of this because i was on the inspiration and had to be back to tender but several people were dropped off at 7 mile beach public beach.

but it seems that its hard to go wrong with any of the main operators you find on this board...moby dick, captain marvin, captain bryan, sotos or nativeway.

I highly recommend Capt. Marvin's. Very affordable and our group was not big at all which provided good interaction with the guides and the stingrays. Very close when getting off the tender as well.

Archived