Star Sitings

BillnBobbi

Anyone ever see any actors or other entertainers on board their cruise, as merely passengers?

We just came off of the 8/1 Conquest Cruise. Mrs. B noticed a well muscled middle aged man (he's 61, we checked on Google when we returned) with a white handlebar mustache, and long salt and pepper hair, more salt now than pepper. Mrs B said "I've seen him, I know him, does he live in our neighborhood?" I said "No, hon, he's a movie actor..., Sam...Sam..." and Gee I couldn't remember his last name!!! I met him in the men's locker room up in the Spa; he was there with his older son, and I merely said "Hello". I didn't want to act like a jerk (being from NY, you're supposed to be nonchalant when bumping into someone famous :-) so I didn't say "Hey, I know you...You're Sam Somebody, but I forgot your name but you were in this movie I saw and I forgot the name of that too!!! (Last one was The Big Grabowski - my sons remembered).

Well, anyway to make a short story long it was SAM ELLIOT. Hey Sam, if you are reading this you look terrific for 61 years old!!!

BnB

I swore we were sailing with the guy that played "THE COMMISH", Michael Chi...something, but he was a look alike.

I see many look alikes on every cruise, and I film them as a joke, but I don't think any turned out to be the real deal.

However, Kathy Lee WAS on the Triumph the day it came to NY prior to its inaurgural sailing, when we toured the ship with some TA friends.

Never did see her, but I saw her husband in a Dallas airport.

On my cruise out of San Juan many years ago, Robert Wagner and Jill St. John were among the passengers - very low key, but always sunning. Seems most everybody respected their privacy.

When my daughter (the one in L.A.) took her first and last (she did NOT like cruising) on the Elation, she saw Ellen Degeneres and Anne Heche - but only once, in the dining room. My DD runs a restaurant in Marina del Rey, and has celebs in there all the time...and as long as her staff leaves them alone, they're repeat customers.;) (Julia Roberts and Danny Moder just last week.) Oooops, I'm getting off topic.

Archived