Best depilatory for bikini area?

Do a search for "Magic" on this board. There have been a couple of threads about it. I tried Magic, and it does work well (no burning or irritation). However, it takes about nine minutes of sitting with the legs spread...so I just prefer shaving. I have found that if I keep up the shaving almost year round, so that the area is used to it, I avoid getting red bumps. Other tips to avoid irritation from shaving: use shaving gel, either Skintimate or the Wal-Mart Equate brand equivalent. After shaving, wipe the area with alcohol, then apply triple antibiotic ointment (Neosporin or Equate equivalent). Sometimes it just takes some experimenting to find what works best for you - preferably well in advance of your cruise date!

I normally shave, but this Thursday I'm getting my first Brazilian wax! Yes, I am scared, but I don't want to have to worry about shaving while on vacation next week. Will be able to enjoy my new bikinis worry free!!

Will let you know how it goes!

Betsy

I do the Brazilan wax. You get used to it. I suggest you go to the drug store and ask the Pharmacist about an over the counter topical anesthetic. Use that and take 3 ibuprofen about 30 min. before hand. You'll be fine. :)

Jen

Got my first Brazilian last night- and it really wasn't too painful. I took a couple of Tylenol beforehand. Don't get me wrong, it was a little uncomfortable, but entirely bearable. MUCH better than shaving!!

Archived