Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

The only theme party I heard about was the bathrobe party by the main pool...about halfway through the cruise. Everyone wears their bathrobe, band plays, people drink and dance. They also do a nice mini buffet with fruits, cheeses, etc right there. We went for a couple of hours and had relaxed enough that we were ready to be part of a nutty party. But I think the band they had at the time was really not a good party band. They were good as a poolside band, playing island music and all, but they didn't give that PARTY message. We ended up leaving (had an early excursion the next morning)...but we did hear that the party livened up later. So I guess, given enough time and booze, the partiers overcame the blandness of the band!:eek: :D

Have fun!!!!!!!!

Somebody else has now told me they no longer have the Bathrobe & Beer party. That now it is a luau theme. Can anyone confirm this?

I was on the Legend 1/20 and the capers said there was a "Hawaiian shirt night and Mexican luau deck party"

It was on Thursday, midship, lido deck at 9:30pm.

Ya, that's the same day/time that the bathrobe party used to be. Thanks for confirming this!

KenMo

Sorry about that :D

Here is the link to my review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=37671

I notice on the Carnival excursion for Gumbalimba the time is only 1 hour.

I figure that you go to the park and spend as much time as you want and take a shuttle back to the ship at different times during the day:confused: We are not doing the zip line or anything other than just the park and then maybe the beach.

Anyone ever sailed the legend during the summer? We are trying to decide between the Triumph, Legend, and the Glory. I know there will be kids on each ship but it seems to me the Legend is the most laid back of all three. Thoughts?

I sailed the Glory in Sept. and I would much prefer Legend! I came back and immediately booked her for Sept. 08. We intentionally sail in Sept. for our 7 day cruises because there are virtually NO kids what with school starting, summer vacations already taken, etc...

I sailed the Glory in Sept. and I would much prefer Legend! I came back and immediately booked her for Sept. 08. We intentionally sail in Sept. for our 7 day cruises because there are virtually NO kids what with school starting, summer vacations already taken, etc...

Thanks, we normally sail during when kids are in school but we thought this year we would add another cruise. My wife and I both have July 4th week off and we are trying to figure out if its worth even going on a cruise. We may just head down to the Keys and fish and snorkel all week, especially since its off season during that time of year down there.

My PVP told me a BL guarantee is 8A or better. An obstructed balcony is 7A so the answer to your question is no.

I am interested in a May 2008 sailing. 6A cat is booked, so I am having a hard time deciding on an OBV (still available) or a BL. The price difference is not huge - I'm wondering if this is a gamble that may pay off give that room assigments for 6A are no longer available.... obviously I'd prefer the balcony but would be happy anywhere on the ship!

Carnival will only upgrade you within the cat. you book. If you book an OV you can get upgraded to the highest available OV, but not a balcony. I think it's worth the $ difference between OV and BAL on a 7 day, but not on a short cruise. I do cheapy int. for those. JMHO.

No matter what, a bad day cruising is better than a good day at work!

I have heard the aft pool on the Legend referred to as an Adults-only pool. Is this true and is it enforced? Thanks. Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Yes, the aft pool on the Legend IS an adult pool (and spa) and it is enforced. The Unicorn Bar is there, also. That area became our favorite hang out, day and nite. In the daytime the aft area is fairly busy (people also dine out there), so keeps it interesting. Kids do filter through and eat out there at times, but they generally don't stay there...between the Camp and the more lively main pool, there is nothing to interest them at the adult pool. And in the evening, it's a very quiet peaceful place to relax...even the bar doesn't generally get alot of people at nite. So it was the perfect mix for us, as we desperately wanted to relax!:D

And this should help those folks wondering about kids on the cruise in the summer, too!;)

The Legend just came out of drydock in January. It got a mini golf course and some new carpeting as well as a fresh coat of paint.

I asked this once before but it got lost in all the messages. Does the Legend primarily dock at International Pier in Cozumel or does she ever tender or go to Punta Langosta?

The Legend just came out of drydock in January. It got a mini golf course and some new carpeting as well as a fresh coat of paint.

I asked this once before but it got lost in all the messages. Does the Legend primarily dock at International Pier in Cozumel or does she ever tender or go to Punta Langosta?

We docked at International Pier in Nov....not sure if it ever goes to Punta Langosta. If you have a PVP, maybe he/she knows?

I have been hoping for a answer to this as well.

Carnival will only upgrade you within the cat. you book. If you book an OV you can get upgraded to the highest available OV, but not a balcony. I think it's worth the $ difference between OV and BAL on a 7 day, but not on a short cruise. I do cheapy int. for those. JMHO.

No matter what, a bad day cruising is better than a good day at work!

Thanks for the input! For $90 extra pp we decided to book the balcony!

Hi Marilyn,

Yes, the aft pool on the Legend IS an adult pool (and spa) and it is enforced. The Unicorn Bar is there, also. That area became our favorite hang out, day and nite. In the daytime the aft area is fairly busy (people also dine out there), so keeps it interesting. Kids do filter through and eat out there at times, but they generally don't stay there...between the Camp and the more lively main pool, there is nothing to interest them at the adult pool. And in the evening, it's a very quiet peaceful place to relax...even the bar doesn't generally get alot of people at nite. So it was the perfect mix for us, as we desperately wanted to relax!:D

And this should help those folks wondering about kids on the cruise in the summer, too!;)

Very good info to know about - thanks

Okay, sorry I know I just posted but I just remembered my other question.

DH, 3 DD's (teens) & I are sailing on the Legend 8/08 and wondering what anyone recommends for transportation. I think 1st we'll need airport/hotel, then hotel/pier, then pier/airport.

With 5, plus luggage (of course) what will work and what cost should we expect? :confused:

Thanks!

Not sure where you are staying, but there were 5 of us and we stayed at Chase Suites and the transportation was included. They also have two bedroom suites.

Does the gym offer any classes (yoga, pilates, aerobics, etc.)? How busy does it get?

Yes, they do offer classes. I took a yoga class. It primarily met during sea days. My DH has taken a spinning class too.

Go up by the gym the first day to see what is available and sign up for it in advance (although there were people who just showed up to yoga...but the room got tight). :D

As usual, the teacher appreciated the tips. :rolleyes:

I notice on the Carnival excursion for Gumbalimba the time is only 1 hour.

I figure that you go to the park and spend as much time as you want and take a shuttle back to the ship at different times during the day:confused: We are not doing the zip line or anything other than just the park and then maybe the beach.

Got my answer on the Roatan board:D