Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Hi,

Just booked onto the Legend for 6/1...question:

Do they have a specialty restaurant as some of the other ships do? And, I do realize that it's usually a $30 pp fee--but once you pay that, is it unlimited entrees, as it is in the main dining room?

These FOOD questions, of course, are from my SONS, the Almighty Eating Machines.....!

thanks,

laurie

Yes the restaurant is the Golden Fleece.. it is 30pp.. and no it is not unlimited like the dining room.. but believe me there is more than enough food.. they won't be leaving there hungry;)

What is the earliest we can get on the ship?

We arrived at the port around 10:45 and got in line...they started the boarding process around 11. However, you check in and then sit in the waiting area for a while, so we probably didn't actually get on the ship til around noon. Cabins aren't ready til around 1:30, so go up to Lido deck and have lunch and drinks!

Hi,

Just booked onto the Legend for 6/1...question:

Do they have a specialty restaurant as some of the other ships do? And, I do realize that it's usually a $30 pp fee--but once you pay that, is it unlimited entrees, as it is in the main dining room?

These FOOD questions, of course, are from my SONS, the Almighty Eating Machines.....!

thanks,

laurie

Laurie,

There is a "special" dining room on the Legends. You are correct on the cost and number of entrées. We are on your sailing as well and will be making reservations for the second formal night as men must wear suit jackets. Our kids will be on the trip as well. My daughter is 21 and my son will turn 20 on the cruise. They will NOT be joining us that night for dinner. LOL

Yes they sure do! We were going to eat there, but we found the food in the dining room to be so good, we didn't bother. The restaurant gets very good reviews, though, and they say to allow around 2 hours for your dining experience.

From almost everything I have read, you are beyond full when you leave (another reason we didn't do it...I hate that OVERfull feeling!). I'm not sure if it's unlimited, since it is and extra charge, but you rarely hear anyone say no to you

on a cruise. But I'm thinking that nobody leaves there hungry on what they give you anyway!

Hope you all have a blast! We did! And going again next year!!!:D

Thanks for the quick response.

I took my 20 yo out to dinner a few weeks ago-just a mom and 'baby' date (I do that with both of them but take turns). Anyway, went to one of our local steakhouses-one that is known for pretty big portions. child ordered a 20 oz porterhouse...a baked potato...and because he didn't like the other veggies, MASHED POTATOES! LOL. i told him, that on top of eating the rolls, there was NO way he'd eat it all...

he did. i was nauseous just watching him!

I can see him eating one of those giant steaks, and then eating pizza an hour later LOL. amazingly, he's NOT overweight,...lucky boy!

Hi Kim,

Saw your post on the Roll Call, just haven't made it down there yet to post!

This is our first balcony...our sons can come visit us if they want to, but we decided that we'd get good use of it....and splurged a bit.

My oldest will be 21-this is in part an early celebration of his bday in July...and my youngest son is 18, and this is his senior cruise. My oldest went on a senior cruise-6 of his friends, and 4 of the moms, myself included...we're all good friends, so we had a blast...

Really excited, but I do have to go into work and explain why I won't be there for post-planning!

It seems as if there are a LOT of people from GA on this cruise..when we took the kids on the senior cruise, my son was in shock-i ran into someone i used to work with. he was insane-and insisted that wherever we go, i run into someone i know. He may be right!

Are you keeping your daughter under lock and key?? LOL..what HS does she go to?

Hi Laurie!

So glad that you joined our Roll Call. I'm glad that you asked about the Golden Fleece Dining Room...as that was one of my questions as well. I think we will probably just stick to the Truffles Dining Room and the buffet. My guys are pretty big eatters, but my DD probably would never be able to eat that much!! ;)

We are trying to decide between the Legend and the Valor. We have been on both Spirit class and Conquest class ships but are always looking for feedback! Ports of call are the same but not sure which to choose? We will be bringing our 5 year old (who loves Camp Carnival) and my parents who are first time cruisers and who just want to have a relaxing time (they will not be into all the "Lido Deck activities") Thoughts?

Thanks!

Laurie,

My daughter is 21 and my son will turn 20 on the cruise. They will NOT be joining us that night for dinner. LOL

Yanno,

that may be something we'll consider. They'll miss the food-the youngest is a chef in training and will be entering culinary school in August, but I think the idea of having to dress up too many nights may prove to be just TOO difficult for those poor babies LOL! If they decide they want to, fine, but I can see them opting out....one's already going on and on about room service and finding non-stop places to eat LOL (that would be the youngest-the aspiring chef. and of course, he's about 20 pounds underweight)

thanks for the idea!

laurie

Hi,

I just booked a cruise on the Legend for 6/1. While my sons are booked in "steerage" (bottom interior) good old mom and dad got ourselves a balcony...!

Are all the balconies "extended?" We also took the 'guaranteed' rooms-to be assigned. For my sons, it can only get better (they only had rooms left on the lowermost floor to begin with), and i am just curious how we will fare. My travel agent said that they will probably assign my room within the next two weeks.....

Thanks,

Laurie

No, not all are extended balconies... I'm sorry, but I don't which are and which are not (I think you can tell my the deck plans, the pic of the balconies that are extended are slightly bigger in the view).

Also, be prepared to maybe not hear about your GTY room until one month to a few weeks before you cruise. I'd be curious to know how it works to have a GTY with two cabins. We cruised with our DDs and MIL and because of needing two rooms, booked them right away (we didn't want to be on separate floors or miles apart of each other). I prefer doing the GTY method, because on a full ship you always get bumped up :p .

Jodie

No, not all are extended balconies... I'm sorry, but I don't which are and which are not (I think you can tell my the deck plans, the pic of the balconies that are extended are slightly bigger in the view).

Also, be prepared to maybe not hear about your GTY room until one month to a few weeks before you cruise. I'd be curious to know how it works to have a GTY with two cabins. We cruised with our DDs and MIL and because of needing two rooms, booked them right away (we didn't want to be on separate floors or miles apart of each other). I prefer doing the GTY method, because on a full ship you always get bumped up :p .

Jodie

Hi Jodie,

Thanks for the info. I was not really concerned about the boys being so far..they are wickedly independent, and have done overnight and weekend trips by themselves. If we tell them to meet us at a certain time, they will :). I have also had friends who bought walkies with them, and used them to communicate with other people they were traveling with. might do that.

Not worried about when we'll hear, but so far, everyone I've spoken to has said we might now in as little as 2 weeks from now, since we're pretty close to sailing (our last two cruises, we booked MONTHS and MONTHS in advance!). i know that it can only get better for the boys, but they don't seem to care at all that they are down there in the bottom! from what i understand, this ship is pretty close to full-that does bode well for us, i guess!

We are trying to decide between the Legend and the Valor. We have been on both Spirit class and Conquest class ships but are always looking for feedback! Ports of call are the same but not sure which to choose? We will be bringing our 5 year old (who loves Camp Carnival) and my parents who are first time cruisers and who just want to have a relaxing time (they will not be into all the "Lido Deck activities") Thoughts?

Thanks!

I cannot speak for the Conquest Class as I have not sailed those yet. Being that you have sailed both, you are probably best thinking about their differences and whether that will steer you one way or another. To answer Rick's question, they didn't have the fish & chips on the Legend (but we were very happy with the number of choices and the quality of the foods available). My husband and I really wanted a relaxing cruise last time around and we got just that on the Legend. We spent the majority of time at the adult pool and bar (aft)...was a nice place to people watch during the day (without all the hype of the main Lido pool) and wonderfully uncrowded and peaceful at nite. All ships have the Camp Carnival, so no issue there. We loved the Legend, but again, since you have sailed both, you know what would work best for your family. You will have fun, no matter what!:)

Hi Jodie,

Thanks for the info. I was not really concerned about the boys being so far..they are wickedly independent, and have done overnight and weekend trips by themselves. If we tell them to meet us at a certain time, they will :). I have also had friends who bought walkies with them, and used them to communicate with other people they were traveling with. might do that.

Not worried about when we'll hear, but so far, everyone I've spoken to has said we might now in as little as 2 weeks from now, since we're pretty close to sailing (our last two cruises, we booked MONTHS and MONTHS in advance!). i know that it can only get better for the boys, but they don't seem to care at all that they are down there in the bottom! from what i understand, this ship is pretty close to full-that does bode well for us, i guess!

Lola, we are sailing the Legend on 5/25 and got our cabin assignments today. We booked a balecony guarantee and got an 8G extended balcony. Good luck!

Lola, we are sailing the Legend on 5/25 and got our cabin assignments today. We booked a balecony guarantee and got an 8G extended balcony. Good luck!

My wife and I just booked #7166, 8G on Verandah. We looking forward to the extended balcony as well but we don't sail for awhile. Enjoy your cruise. We'd be interested in hearing about what you did in Roatan & Belize when you return.

My husband and I are booked on the Legend 8/24/08, This will be my first time on Carnival. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with cabin 5193, it's a balcony on the main deck (I think). Also I was planning on taking the cave tubing excursion with Major Tom in Belize, I understand that we don't dock and are tendered in , If I make my own plans and not the cruise's excursion, how do I make sure that we get off the ship in time? I've been on 2 other cruises but never had to tender. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

tharpy48...

I don't know about your cabin specifically, other than the fact that it is on the Upper Deck - midship. It's a standard balcony cabin.

When you book with Major Tom, he will send you an email confirmation which you will need to print out and bring with you on the cruise. You will show this to the cruise staff when they get ready to tender to the island, so you can be included with the first passengers off the ship.

Hope this helps......have a great cruise! :)

I would like to know, how if there is a problem with noise in cabins below Lido (scrapping of chairs while crew is cleaning). I did read it is a problem on the Conquest class ships, but found nothing about the Spirit class. Just curious, if I need to pack ear plugs. Looking forward to your reviews,Thanks !!

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!

I have been on the Spirit and have heard noise from the chairs and smelled food all day long. we also heard a 'rolling' sound. We loved the location directly under the lido deck so we did not mind the sounds. It woke us up the 1st day only.

'evening...

I thought I'd read someplace that the Legend has a mini golf course....does anyone know for sure? I can't find really detailed info on the Legend at Carnival's website (grrr). Mentioned it to my sons, and they think it's a hilarious game and can't wait to go...

thanks!;)

'evening...

I thought I'd read someplace that the Legend has a mini golf course....does anyone know for sure? I can't find really detailed info on the Legend at Carnival's website (grrr). Mentioned it to my sons, and they think it's a hilarious game and can't wait to go...

thanks!;)

Norski is correct. It's a basic course (no windmills, loop de loops or anything) but it's a fun course to blow a half hour or so playing! Have fun!

This Legend thread has amazing info but I am having a difficult time getting through it all so these questions might be repeats.

Does somebody have a copy of the recent Capers?

What did you think of the layout (as opposed to Conquest class ships)?

Is there a big screen on the Lido deck?

How were the buffet lineups?

How did you like Camp Carnival being on Dec 5 instead of a higher deck?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more later.