Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Hi all.....

Last summer I took my daughters 15, 17, and 19 at the time, for a cruise aboard the Glory. Everyone had a great time.

This year I booked a cruise on the Legend for July. I just realized that the Legend is a smaller ship than the Glory, and am now a bit concerned that they may not have as much for a teenager to do.

Can anyone tell me how the Legend is as far as teens cruising aboard her?

Thank you

Mike :-)

Hi all.....

Last summer I took my daughters 15, 17, and 19 at the time, for a cruise aboard the Glory. Everyone had a great time.

This year I booked a cruise on the Legend for July. I just realized that the Legend is a smaller ship than the Glory, and am now a bit concerned that they may not have as much for a teenager to do.

Thank you

Just got off the legend a week or so ago. Had three teens with us, 15,15,18. They had no complaints. Minature golf, 24/7 pizza, in room movies, mini-bar, gourmet coffee, soda card, etc. They have gone on about 10 cruises before, since they were toddlers. With just two sea days, you will not have a problem with being bored. Do some shore excursions and don't forget that teens that age just like to go to the beach for the day and lay out in the sun. I, with my wife's OK, took our kids on the Discover Scuba course in Belize. A great time. They loved it. Now they get to tell all their friends that they actually went scuba diving and not just snorkeling.

Hi all.....

Thank you

I dunno, but I have 3 sons, 15, 18 & 19 (plus a 10 year old)... when are you sailing the Legend? ;) ;) ;)

Hi all.....

Thank you

three years ago, four brave moms (myself included) took 7 recent hs graduates on a cruise-all 18, with the exception of my son, the baby of the group who was still 6 weeks away from that milestone.

we took them on the holiday-a much smaller, older ship. they had a total BLAST. i wouldn't worry about them being bored....;-). they were constantly busy, hanging out, making friends. the holiday is tiny, old, and the pools are well, puddles LOL. we rarely saw them- and they even did the excursion to cozumel w.out us.

when are you sailing>? i have a nearly 20 yo, and an 18 yo (boys)-sailing on 6/1....(celebrating yet another graduation).

Thanks for your help, just another quick question if you don't mind, how much in advance should I make a reservation with Major Tom for our excursion in Belize? My husband tells me we have plenty of time, but since I stress over everything I hate waiting until the last minute.

Thanks for your help, just another quick question if you don't mind, how much in advance should I make a reservation with Major Tom for our excursion in Belize? My husband tells me we have plenty of time, but since I stress over everything I hate waiting until the last minute.

I booked with Major Tom in November for a March date "just to be safe" but I believe he leaves spots open every day in case someone wants to go with someone else who already had reservations.

I'd reserve as soon as you knew you were using him to be safe and since you don't pay until that day anyway, you aren't out any money!

My family will be on the Legend in October and my sister is a vegetarian...

To anyone who has been on the Legend recently, do you think there will be many choices for her? Or any vegetarians out there want to put in your past meal experiences? She is not a vegan.

This is her first cruise and I want it to go well...so hopefully she can eat while on board! I was on the Valor last year, and I am aware that Carnival ships keep similar menus but I do not remember (because I was not looking for it at the time). Any input would be helpful! Thanks!

Friday is the second Formal Night. I don't even remember what they served, but lobster is first Formal Night only. My wife had Surf and Turf in the Fleece and it was really good.

2639515620035125439MhtTzG_th.jpg

What is Surf and Turf?

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for this topic, your advice and knowledge has helped immensely! We just booked Legend for this summer and can hardly wait!

To new people on these wondrous boards, I want to remind you all to look for your own cruise on the Carnival roll calls, if you haven't already. There is nothing more fun than chatting with the people you will be sailing with and meet onboard. This is especially fun for teens who are great networkers. My daughter still talks regularly in IM and now Myspace with kids she sailed with as a young teenager!

EBallgrl - There are menus posted here on the boards for you to check out and from experience on other Carnival ships I know there are many Veg choices. I sometimes opt for those myself after beings "meated out" in the first part of the week. :D There is usually a few Vege appetizers and or soups and of course salads, and she could order several of each to fill main course options.

Mikeswrld1 - When are you sailing? My daughter is in that same age group and will be looking for the in-betweens too. As long as they are not wall flowers I think they will find plenty to do. I know she is looking forward to Cozumel where we said we would take her for her first offical margarita! She is also looking forward to gambling a bit. I think the other posters are right, find them fun shore excursions, something that appeals to their adventurous spirits and they will have a blast. Ziplining, cave tabing, scuba, parasailing... just about anything is possible.

Nancy

My family will be on the Legend in October and my sister is a vegetarian...

To anyone who has been on the Legend recently, do you think there will be many choices for her? Or any vegetarians out there want to put in your past meal experiences? She is not a vegan.

This is her first cruise and I want it to go well...so hopefully she can eat while on board! I was on the Valor last year, and I am aware that Carnival ships keep similar menus but I do not remember (because I was not looking for it at the time). Any input would be helpful! Thanks!

They have a vegetarian option every night. Often the pastas are vegetarian, too. When I say Vegetarian, I'm including milk and eggs. So if she has a stricter diet that doesn't include milk and/or eggs she might have a tough time and want to get in touch with special needs.

I'm trying to find recent menus but having a touch of trouble...

Here's some menus for the Pride from Feb 3-10, 2008. The same menu is fleet wide. Your sister can take a look and decide whether there's enough options for her or not.

They have a vegetarian option every night. Often the pastas are vegetarian, too. When I say Vegetarian, I'm including milk and eggs. So if she has a stricter diet that doesn't include milk and/or eggs she might have a tough time and want to get in touch with special needs.

I'm trying to find recent menus but having a touch of trouble...

Here's some menus for the Pride from Feb 3-10, 2008. The same menu is fleet wide. Your sister can take a look and decide whether there's enough options for her or not.

Thanks! I actually did find a menu somewhere on here and sent her the link, so hopefully she will find something in there she will eat! picky, picky, picky! :eek:

We have this same room on the Legend for June 1-8! Did the ship ever dock at any port, and if so, did the ship back in? (I know some ports can be either tendered or dock, depending on how many ships there are, sea conditions, etc).

Ha! I have that same room 8273 in a couple of weeks, never had an aft, and corner aft at that, can't wait to check it out!

Ha! I have that same room 8273 in a couple of weeks, never had an aft, and corner aft at that, can't wait to check it out!

Well, we have that cabin the week before you! We are getting very excited. Have cruised before, but never a balcony. Hoping the corner aft ends up being all that I hope for. I for one am overdue for sitting in a deck chair and reading a good book, or just taking a nap. (on the at sea days, anyway!)

Hi. We are making a thread for any questions related to the Legend.

We are leaving on Sunday so if there are any specific questions we'll be happy to try and get the answers next week. :)

my dh and i are leaving sunday and need to know if we can meet other people on the forum that are on the legend 4/12/08 and how can we book excurtions directly and do you think thats a good idea. ? thanks judy

snooty01: Go to the roll call boards to meet others who will be cruising with you. Check out the ports of call boards to check out excursions. You can also book excursions online directly with Carnival. (Although, since you're leaving this weekend it might be too late to book directly with Carnival. But, you can do it once you get on the ship.)

The room steward for 8273 is great. Can't recall his name. He'll be a bright spot for your cruise. He's from India, I think. Hopefully, you guys will get the same guy as us. I think they do 6 month work schedules. We sailed March 16.

Now that tax time is over, I'll get around to doing that review.

Ok, so there is like that crease in the middle of the bed where the join together then? We spoon at night, so that might make it a little difficult huh!! Well, crap!

I'm glad to hear they are nice and roomy, I was affraid that being on a ship that they might not be!

So the shower is not big enough for two people then I am assuming? Well crap on that one too! lol

Should I take the over the door shoe holder for shoes and bathroom stuff like some people post or is there enough room for stuff?

Thanks so much for your help, you have been wonderful! :D

We just got back Mar 30th. Yeah there was a little crease not too bad though. Spooning should be ok.

The room will be plenty big enough for 2. Packing and unpacking was kind of crowded.

There is a LOT of closet space. We had room enough for 4 (2 kids, teens along).

The shower will probably not be conducive to 2 since it is small and with a curtain......Lots of counter space with shelving in bathroom.

The balcony is plenty big enough for 2!

Thank goodness for Club O2 activities......;)

Can Someone Please Tell Me Which Pier In Cozemel Does The Legend Dock At....one With The Long Duty Free Shop, One With The Many Little Shop On Shore? And Is There Still Scooter Rental?

Thanks

Michele

Punta Langosta. Duty free shopping right there.