Carnival Souviners

Tenga1899

Just a day from my first cruise ever and I'm trying to be a little preemptively fiscal. For a "estimated" budget, I'm wondering about on-board souviners. From all of you experienced cruisers, what are some things I might think about buying to remember my first cruise. I'm already thinking an easy one is a coozie, because I'll never have enough of those. Also, maybe a model of the ship. Basically, my question for you guys is, is there any ONE Carnival souviner you just have to have to really have gone on a cruise?? And no, I dont think jewelry by the inch is for me:p

I hadnt even heard...thats a great idea! Just graduating and moving on to "real" life....I'll need a few ornaments in short order, I dont really want a Charlie Brown Christmas tree lol.

Im going on #13 in 2 weeks. When I started cruising, I bought a magnet from every city and port we visited and my refrigerator is covered with memories. I also make my carnival sail and sign card a magnet by taping a flat magnet to the back of it. I put those on the fridge too, the platinum one is my favorite.

as far as ship stuff,, Ive bought tshirts magnets etc you can get a souvienier glass as soon as you get on board they will be pushing those things big time. Dont buy more than one. Take the glass back to the bar and they will give you a drink in another same glass for less $. We also have a few cool bar glasses and lido dishes that mysteriously found their way into our luggage. those are the cheapest aka free, souvieniers and you always remember where you got them from.

We also have a few cool bar glasses and lido dishes that mysteriously found their way into our luggage. those are the cheapest aka free, souvieniers and you always remember where you got them from.

Hah, that was the only reason my fraternity had dishes when I was a pledge, stole new plates from GT's dining hall, I had a great system, would walk out with 15-20 plates per meal!!:eek:

Yeah, I'll grab ONE souviner glass then refill it, you guys already taught me that one! I'm going to try to stay away from the cheesy stuff (at least IMO), but magnets also are a good idea. I have a few from various vacations and racetracks I've been to that I remember the trip everytime I see em. These are good ideas, I want the ideas for souviners that will make me remember this cruise, not make it look like I went on one, not that thats a bad thing :D

What about these photos they do?? Everyone is saying wait til the last day so I can pick and choose, but do they have any good shots of the ship?? I'm probably going to look goofy in every photo, might as well have something in one of em that looks good!:p

They have all sorts of backgrounds for the photos, the ones I ended up with had a plain background, I look goofy in most photos, the ones they take getting on or off the ship, the wind always seems to blow my hair in my face or I am squinting at the sun.

Anyway, we always get a coffee mug, trying for the ones that show the itinerary. We get one from where ever we go and we actually use them and tell each other, I think I will go to Jamaica this morning, or cruise on the Conquest.;)

On the first evening of our last cruise we went into the gift shop and the 1st thing I grabbed was the metal ornament, I guess I'm not alone on the ornament thing, and then I grabbed the blow up ship. I also got a bottle opener because with taking the unopened beers from my buckets of beer back to my cabin, they're no twist off.

I have a 2nd smaller xmas tree that has all the ornaments ive collected from all our vacations so I always get a ship ornament and an ornament from the port im in. I also collect the model ships from all the ships ive been on.

We also have a few cool bar glasses and lido dishes that mysteriously found their way into our luggage. those are the cheapest aka free, souvieniers and you always remember where you got them from.

I'm sorry, but that's just flat out theft.:mad: And when enough people do it (and plenty do) it just raises the bottom line for the rest of us. No different than shoplifting.

Be sure to go to the gift shop the 1st nite. They have free, yes I said free liquour tasting. The different flavored rums were really good and I don't really like liquor. The sheridans is good too. Anyway, you can buy a sample pack of the flavored rums for $10, 5 mini bottles, and take them to your room. They do not hold these. That means you will have them for in room consumption. I also like to get a beach bag, magnet, ornament and maybe some postcards. Hope you have a great cruise and write a review when you get home.

I always get an XMas orniment and a fridge magnet of the ship. So everytime we open the fridge it reminds me of the cruise!!! They gave us each a large placemat of the Glory on the last night in the dining room. We also got one of the Fantasy (our first cruise).Also check your info book thats in your room(in one of the drawers) and get the free postcards!! Have a great cruise!!!:D

On every ship I've been on, I've bought a ballcap with that ship's name on it. Then I buy a pin representing each port as we go ashore at each stop. When I get home, the pins go on the hat, and the hats go on a display rack that represents just about every vacation I've been on. It's a great way to commemerate my trips without taking up a bunch of space... and it ends up costing me less than $25 per trip including the hat and all the pins.

I do tend to also buy a shot glass at each port, but I've never really figured out why. I've got over a hundred shot glasses now, and I never drink shots at home! :D

The ONE souvenir I absolutely have to have is the Christmas ornament.. Im so glad I started this tradition on our first Carnival cruise.. I get an ornament every time we cruise and my goal is to have a tree with just our cruising ornaments on it.. I recently started getting an ornament in each port if I can find one.. If I dont get anything else I get my ornament.. Its funny but Id rather have it than any piece of jewelry..

I was a little bummed when we went on Grand Princess earlier this year and there were no ornaments to be found.. this was the first cruise I couldnt get one..

I'm sorry, but that's just flat out theft.:mad: And when enough people do it (and plenty do) it just raises the bottom line for the rest of us. No different than shoplifting.

I have to agree. There are no "mysterious" items in my luggage when I leave---only the things I pay for!

The only thing that I must buy from the gift shop each cruise is a mug. We have one from all five our cruises and will get another one on our cruise this summer--even though we already have two from the Spirit. :p

In each port I get at least one (and usually more!) Christmas ornament. Decorating the tree is really fun as we talk about our cruises. I went back to work full time two years ago, so now I also get a magnet from the ship and at each port to put in my cube away from home.

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

When we were on the Elation, I got a die cast model of the ship. This was about $20.00 and well worth it. It looks great on our mantel with my German ICE train, my NYC Hudson steam engine and my Lionel lunch box.

Doc

Archived