Transportation from schiphol airport

canlobef

We're staying in Amsterdam for two days prior to our Scandinavian Cruise aboard Century on June 3. Can anyone suggest any transportation services from the airport to our hotel that we could book ahead of time, or a number/website that someone could share. We're staying at Marriott Amsterdam. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Angel:)

We're staying in Amsterdam for two days prior to our Scandinavian Cruise aboard Century on June 3. Can anyone suggest any transportation services from the airport to our hotel that we could book ahead of time, or a number/website that someone could share. We're staying at Marriott Amsterdam. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Angel:)

Like Elaine says, try that link first she gave you.

Otherwise you can take a train to Amsterdam Centraal Station, but you have to continue either by cab or tram to your hotel. Tram with lugguge isnot convenient, espcially since going to Marriott Hotel tram goes through city-center and often is very full.(and makes many stops)

Or take a cab from the airport to you hotel, will costs around Eur. 45.-, through this link you can prebook a cab if needed.:

http://www.schipholservice.biz/indexeng.html

Hello everybody,

I am Dutch and working nearly next to the Marriot in another hotel and I am going to cruise the 15th of June with the Century.

I can give you the properiate information about how to go from amsterdam airport to the city.

If you are with 2 or more persons, you better take a taxi from the airport. Please go outside the airport and grab a taxi they are waiting for you. Don't ever go with anyone asking you in the airport if you want a taxi.

35,- euro is the maximum you pay from the airport to the Marriot.

If you are on your own, go to the "connexion" desk in the arrival hall and get your self either one way or returnticket for the schiphol hotel shuttle.

Cost you about 12,50 one way, 19,50 return.

Hope you have a good cruise.

Annemiek

Annemiek (another Dutch...) tells more or less the same as I did above.

The shuttles bus goes every 30 minutes and has a schedula along various hotels.

Although Eur. 35.- for a taxi seems cheap to me, it is the most convenient. Indeed donot take the "cowboy"cabs offering their service to you.

If you prebook a cab, the driver will meet you at the red/white meetingpoint in the arrival hall outside/after customs.

Thank you so much everyone, i'll check on it right away.. Can't wait. we're only 3 weeks away.. Ine, i'll keep on checking your updates, i'm sure it'll help me a lot in planning our cruise incld shore excursions.. happy sailing.. Angel

Archived