Where is Tequila Tasting Seminar in Cozumel Held?

We have been to Cozumel several times and usually rent a car. The only "tequilla tasting" that we found was at Casa Antigua Tequilla Musuem on Cross Island Road. It was about 15 minutes from downtown. The admission price was $10/person. For that price you got either 2 Blue Margarita or 2 Blue Agave Tequilla shots, a tour of the museum and tasting of each of the various flavors. They had fruit, amaretto, coffee and other flavors. We have found that the restaurant called Poncho's Backyard has the best Margartas. Enjoy!

Don't know about Cozumel, but when we were in Costa Maya (oops, that's a Carnival port) I tried about 30 different tequilas at the various shops. I ended up with a bottle of Aguavera (I think) that was a "Tequila Liquore" at 70 proof, not much of a Liquore, but it was sweet, and a delight over crushed ice.

Believe me, I've been drinking Tequila for nearly 20 years and NEVER thought I'd say that. But, it's the most amazing stuff! If I find it on my next cruise, I'll buy a LOT of it.

We also have a new favorite Tequila, that we found a BJ's (believe it or not), it's CAZADORES. AMAZING stuff! I had a client tell me that they drank that, and it is AMAZINGLY Good!!!!

Hope you find good tequila in Coz and report back, as I'll be there soon!

Archived