Just off the Pride

improvman

May I offer my thanks as well for the really helpful information everyone has passed on. We are kidless as well so it is great to learn about the other side of cruising, plus this is our long overdue honeymoon. :p

I think we are going to go with Randi's horses in Mazatlan - that sounds like it will be lots of fun. We were going to do the Eco snorkeling / kayaking in Cabo but I am having second thoughts. I am not a swimmer and if the water is choppy, I am not sure how comfortable I will be. Do they give you really big lifevests? :eek:

I still haven't figured out what to do in PV, but tomorrow is another day to worry about that; and another day closer to our cruise. Yeah!

Well, how should I rate the Captain? He got us to out destinations. Made a couple of funny wisecracks too.

Yes, Jeff BronSON is still the CD. While I really didn't care for his corny "Say Bye Y'all" sense of humor (though he was funny at the Legends show), I liked how he had personality.

Thanks! On some ships, the Captain can be quite personable. So, I was just curious how the new one was.

As far as the CD goes - we actually liked Karl with a K (the assistant) better and Jeff B.... but I understand that he has moved to another ship. We didn't get to see the Legends show... we had HUGE swells that night and many (including us) chose to stay in the cabin. Heard it was great though! Hope to catch it this next time.

Glad you had a good time! :)

We are sailing for our 2nd time on the Pride this June, but bringing our 2 kids 12 & 18. We have signed up to do the PV Los Veranos Canopy Tour and in Mazatlan Randis' Happy Horses, all based on what wonderful experiences everyone on the boards have shared. Looking forward to just relaxing and doing our own thing in Cabo. Can anyone recommend hotels to hang out at on the beach or any place we should try to see? Thanks!

As far as the CD goes - we actually liked Karl with a K (the assistant) better and Jeff B.... but I understand that he has moved to another ship. We didn't get to see the Legends show... we had HUGE swells that night and many (including us) chose to stay in the cabin. Heard it was great though! Hope to catch it this next time.

We had the same swells, but felt fine for the show. My wife just nibbled on her appetizers and drank a couple of Sprites and felt better. The talent in the Legends show was hit and miss. Garth Brooks didn't know the lyrics to Friends in Low Places, but Gloria Estefan and Frank Sinatra were really good.

Right, Karl is no longer there and was replaced with Becca.

Archived