Voyager OTS JS 1544 or 1244

We are booked in JS 1544 on Voyager for a transAtlantic crossing from BCN to Galveston on Dec 08; this is an accessible JS and I note that it has a connecting cabin, which I assume means a door between the two cabins.

Can someone who has traveled in either 1544 or 1244 tell me whether the connecting door means less closet and storage space. We have been in accessible JS on Radiance class ships and they have a large walk-in closet. I see no mention of such walk-in closet on Voyager. I am further assuming that the bathroom has a roll-in shower with fold down seat and plenty of grab bars and of course, no lip. Also can someone tell me whether the door out on to the balcony is a sliding door or one that has to be pushed out - and is it ramped or level going out. We have been spoiled by the super layout and facilities in Radiance class accessible JS and hope this is nothing less. We travel with both a scooter and fold-up wheel chair.

We were in 1544 on the Explorer of te Seas. We found the cabin slightly smaller than the JS on Radiance Class. The connecting door was not an issue in terms of changing closet size. It was very similar to the Jewel closet. The difference in space seemed partially the depth of the room and perhaps slightly narrower. The balcony is much narrower than the great JS Radiance balcony. Picture 2 regular balconies together. Sliding door, no ramp.

Bathroom was just about identical to the Jewel...plenty of grab bars, no lip.

Hope this helps!

Patti, Thanks for your response; I guessed that the balcony is much smaller than Radiance JS because they are huge. We were on Brilliance for 30+days back2back and loved that balcony. We, just yesterday booked the same JS on Serenade 15 days RT San Diego(where we live) to Hawaii. Could not believe our luck in getting one of the only 2 accessible JS less than six months from sailing date(10/05) I found some dimensions which show that the accessible JS on Voyager is approx. 50sq ft smaller than Radiance class, but plenty big enough. Since we are not doing back2back on Voyager, the walk-in closet will not be missed - half the clothes for half the time.:) :)

Archived