Suggestions for Cabo, Mazatlan & Puerto Vallarta

ajaxgalca

A Canopy Tour is when you go on the zip lines - you know, you get strapped in to a harness which is attached to a line between trees or mountain tops, and off you go! :eek: It is sometimes called a canopy tour because you zip through the canopy of trees.

In Cabo, the Melia had no charge for use of their facilities. There was a little shack by the pool that loaned us two towels at no charge. I just gave them my driver's license until I returned the towels. Again, we ordered a couple of drinks to enjoy while lounging on the beach. I really loved the big white beds for lounging. They were oh-so-comfortable. They had a roped off area which kept the vendors at bay. The vendors would walk up to the rope and call out to see if you were interested in their wares. A simple "no thanks" sent them on their way. My dh referred to it as "The Cabo Shopping Network

I've sent an email to the Melia to verify that they do allow day use, but haven't gotten anything back yet. I don't want to be kicked out & have to try to find somewhere else at the last minute.

Did you just walk into the hotel area or did you check at the concierge or hotel desk first?

We'd buy a couple drinks and lunch and probably some water thingy so it's certainly not like we wouldn't spend any money at the resort. I did find an independent online "shore excursion" site that offers a "day at a private resort" for $41 pp (nonrefundable). It includes "A beach towel will be provided as well as a complimentary welcome drink and your choice of one item from the snack menu.", but that surely doesn't cost $41!

I believe the weight restriction was 250 lbs.

As for physical condition, I think anyone even up to their 60's could easily do this tour, as long as they can do a long walk. There is a small uphill hike at the very end to get back - nothing extreme at all, takes about as much exertion as a long walk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
In Mazatlan, when we got off of the ship, there were several people trying to talk us into timeshare presentations. We declined all of them. We just took one of the open air taxis and asked to go to El Cid. The taxi driver dropped us off in front and we walked in through the lobby to the pool. We found a beautiful spot by the pool. We bought a couple of drinks and spent most of the day there. There was no charge for use of the facilities. I know they were aware we were from the ship as we had our Carnival towels with us. They seemed to welcome the business. We walked down the beach for about an hour before hailing a taxi and heading back to the ship. It was a great relaxing day.

In Cabo, the Melia had no charge for use of their facilities. There was a little shack by the pool that loaned us two towels at no charge. I just gave them my driver's license until I returned the towels. Again, we ordered a couple of drinks to enjoy while lounging on the beach. I really loved the big white beds for lounging. They were oh-so-comfortable. They had a roped off area which kept the vendors at bay. The vendors would walk up to the rope and call out to see if you were interested in their wares. A simple "no thanks" sent them on their way. My dh referred to it as "The Cabo Shopping Network".

It was a little bit of a trek, but we actually walked from the pier to the Melia. I would say it took us about 20 to 30 minutes to get there. I've heard the easiest way to get there is by water taxi.

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip. I have fond memories of my time in Mexico.

Linda

Does the Melia have an all inclusive day pass? How did you approach them about using their facilities? This sounds like what I want to do but I'm unsure if I should do this or Billygan's.

Did they have banana boats, parasailing and everything right there?

Archived