Back from first Disney cruise and

lagbunch8

it was fantastic!! We had such a good time that we booked on board for a Western next May.(which was cheaper than this trip because of the savings) The kids will not find this out until Christmas :) I had heard great things about DCL and we were still "wowed". We booked 3 cat 9 rooms on deck 2 and we were all upgraded to balconies on deck 7 (I think cat 5s?) All of our tables at dinner were ocean views. It just seemed like everything clicked together and the week was wonderful. This was an Eastern so, we are doing the Western next year. My 12 year old who did not want to do Disney had the time of her life and is asking to go again instead of Cedar Pointe:eek:(she cried on the last night at the good bye show!--don't tell but, mom did too and I know we are going back lol) This was a week of wonderful family bonding. This was my 6th cruise and the kids first. The shows were great the food was great and the service was great. We live in the Orlando area and visit the parks a lot. We consider ourselves Disney cynics. Well, we bought into the "Magic" lock, stock and barrel lol!

One other thing I guess the Disney Dreams show has had some changes--I guess we were the first cruise with the "new" show. I couldn't tell you what was different because this was our first cruise but, the show was --well--great! :D

Thank you so much for posting this. We have deposits down for two different dates in 2008, and as soon as we get a better feel for my DH's new position at work, we should be able to determine which month will work better for us. The cost scares me - we are a family of five, so two cabins. I keep telling myself that it will be worth the money and that you can't put a pricetag on memories. Your comments are exactly what I need to read to put my mind at ease.

Archived