Embarkation Day Princess DJ Costs $300 per hour!?

I just received an email from TWE that says the DJ is $300 per hour for my wedding instead of the $80 that I thought it was. They say that it's $80 per hour for "At Sea" weddings, but $300 for "Harborside" weddings. I am getting married on the Crown Princess on Embarkation day in June. I am so upset and feel like I am being ripped off:( My reception is supposed to be 2 hours so that's $600 dollars total!! What do you guys think?

I'm not familiar with Princess' ceremony terminology (they all use different words...why I don't know! lol) so I want to make sure I read this correctly. It's $80/hr if you're married at sea, but if you have your wedding off the ship and then the reception on board the ship it's $300? Or if your wedding and reception are BOTH on the ship it's $300 as well? I'll post my response based on that assumption. If I'm wrong, please correct me! :)

Honestly, it does sound really steep. I booked a local DJ for our 'at home' reception and got 5 hours for $550. I know the cruise line prices are inflated, but I don't see why it would be more for one "type" of wedding than another.

If you are having a beach wedding (I'm so sorry, I can't recall right of the top of my head, I'm sure you've posted it before! :o ), have you considered having a local planner do your reception off the ship vs. returning to the ship and paying their prices? ETA - Yoicks..I just noticed you're pretty close to your Big Day. That's probably not an option! :D

If you're doing an onboard wedding, I would ask why the price difference. You're on the ship anyway having your reception no matter which wedding "type", at sea or in port. It's the same service in the same location. Makes no sense to me, but then again NONE of TWE's pricing ever made a lick of sense when I was trying to deal with them. Like them charging me $300 for a marriage license that only costs $140. :confused:

You could do what Caymanbride did, take an IPOD with speakers...you could even probably just use that for 1 hour to cut costs.

Im in the same boat......im having trouble justifying $600 for 2 hours. Im thinking of having the D.J. for the 1st hour to get the party started then switch to my IPOD for the next hour while everyone is just dancing and hanging out. I dont know if this is even an option but i cant see why not.

Archived