Security in Belize

Melore

I (along with 6 members of my family) just returned from CCL Valor (western carribean) which visited Belize. The port you tender into has a large shopping plaza (on the "boardwalk) with bars, restaurants, various stores and of course the obligatory Diamonds Internation stores. We never once felt unsafe. We even hired a private company (Coral Breeze) to transport us via small boat 45 minutes to a remote, smaller island named Caye Caulker. Everyone we met was friendly and nice and we thouroughly enjoyed our day in Belize.

I am sure like any country or even states in the U.S. there are "undesireable" areas - but we certainly never ventured that far out to come across them. I personlly thought Belize (or visiting the Cayes) was a gem of the trip.

Enjoy!

Hi Melore,

we (family of 5) visited Belize just about 3 weeks ago on RCI's EOS and took a taxi to see the city and how people live there.

Can not tell you how safe or unsafe the city is - ( is there any place that is always safe anywhere ?) but we did not feel being 'unsafe' at anytime.

Wes

Archived