Have you stayed at Clarion Miami

masq

OK, I know that this is not really the board for this question, but I've seen this question in the 'proper place' with no responses. :D

Has anyone had a positive experience at the Clarion in downtown Miami?

I have read 11 reviews on tripadvisor and 4 on Travlocity that don't paint a very rosey picture, but am wondering if they are truly what this hotel is like??

Thanks

~Masq

Masq---Post from fearless on your other thread under Hotels-pre/post is also from me. That was my user ID when new boards were starting up and this ID would not work at that time. It has since be reset so I normally use this ID and not fearless on these boards.

Thank you luvscruisin(fearless:) ) & sister luvzcruisin. :D

I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad after all. I'm thinking it's OK for one night but you wouldn't want to spend seven days their if Miami was your final destination.

I see both of you were also on the Seabreeze. :(

Our very first cruise in 1994 was on the Seabreeze, so it was weird to see her sink a couple years ago.

Thanks again for the info.

Amy

We stayed one night precruise a few years back. It's an older hotel with v-e-r-y s-l-o-w elevators. I don't think I would be out walking around there at night, but we enjoyed walking the few blocks through what must be little Havana on Saturday morning. No one spoke English, but we felt comfortable and had a nice, outdoor breakfast, and did a little shopping. The little, elevated tram is right outside if you want to venture a little further.

Service at the hotel was very good. It's only 5 minutes by cab to the terminal.

Has anyone had a positive experience at the Clarion in downtown Miami?

A friend of mine stayed there when she couldn't get space in the Hyatt for a conference we attended. I was in her room and it was actually bigger than my room at the Hyatt next door.

Archived