Anytime Dining Not Really True-Sapphire Princess

CruisinCJ

For those of you going on the Sapphire Princess in the coming weeks, they seem to be restricting reservations to The Santa Fe, Vivaldi, Sterling and Pacific Moon dining rooms to 6:30pm and 8:00pm, regardless to the size of your party.

Having just come off the Sapphire yesterday, I thought you might like to know this to make your plans accordingly. The personal choice dining rooms are each unique and we thoroughly enjoyed moving from dining to dining room each night. A pleasant experience!

Thanks for the "heads up". This makes a big difference to my family as we were planning on making reservations for 7:30 each night. 6:30 is too early for us and 8:30 always seems too late for our kids. I was really looking forward to the flexibility and it was a selling point for us when we chose this line - so I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. Nonetheless - thanks to your update, I can get over being disappointed before actually setting foot onboard :)

I am actually glad to hear that. Allowing reservations for the PC dining rooms at all times was causing a problem because too many people were not showing and those of us who wanted to walk up and get a table without too much of a wait were out of luck. With reservations for times corresponding with traditional dining times, the anytime people may actually be able to dine anytime and those who wanted traditional but did not get it...now can have that also. Sounds good. :)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3] [url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_12_3.gif[/img][/url].......................just my opinion.............GREAT!................When the Diamond first began to sail and the reports were flooding (bad word for a ship) in about making reservations for Anytime Dining, people were writting, "make reservations asap so you can eat when you want." I wrote a little reply that stated how ticked off I was about that......."Anytime Dining" means you should be able to go ANYTIME and maybe wait for a few minutes but you shouldn't have to make reservations. This I haven't forgotten; a very nice poster (a new poster) wrote and told me, "if you can't decide to make reservations two hours before you want to eat, you should just go to the buffet." [/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]I don't like eating dinner in the Buffet...:D ...glad they are limiting the reservations, I actually think they shouldn't take them at all....you want reservations, go traditional.[/size][/font]

Chris,

Yes, we ate twice in each of the alternative dining rooms and actually enjoyed all of them. Ordering items from each specialty menu and the traditional menu was a nice option. Having a different table in a different location was also a pleasant experience. Some waiters were better than others but still enjoyed dinner each night. Not sure if I'm going to like going back to traditional dining.

Archived