I wouldn't go with Larry's Limos...

Made the arrangements months ahead of time to have a stretch limo pick 6 of us up at the pier. Inspite of not returning emails and being rude when *I* got around to calling him, he took my reservation and told me how to get ahold of him, where the driver would be, etc.

Fast forward to Saturday morning, 5 a.m. when I turned my cell phone back on and had a voicemail message waiting. Larry had called the night before (Friday) at 11:00 p.m., leaving a message that since the reservation hadn't been secured with a credit card (he didn't ask, I have plenty), they didn't have a limo for us, but were sending a VAN for the same price. I was NOT happy, but he had me over a barrel and knew it, so I wasn't aware of any other options I'd have had. Typical "Bait & Switch" and it really bit my @ss that things went down that way.

The van showed up, someone Larry had subcontracted, who turned out to be very nice and gave us a break on the $65/hour rate Larry had quoted us. He really didn't know much, as far as typical "tour guide" schpiels, but was friendly and a safe driver, and took us here and there and waited for us while we shopped, ate lunch, etc.

I would highly recommend this guy, Stevan, at Town Car Airport Service. 1-800-933-5522.

Anyway, wanted to pass along that info and share what happened to me. Nothing to ruin my trip, but a pain in the butt that I could have lived without at 5 a.m. on the morning of debarkation and a poor way to run a business, IMO.

Uh-oh! :eek: I did my reservation with them on the phone for a stretch and was about to call to switch to SUV instead. I can't remember if they took my CC info but I'm thinking they did.

Sounds like they really dropped the ball. :( Aren't vans a little cheaper than limos? :confused: I would think an apology, a price-break and a honest explanation was in order. It sounds like they overbooked and used that you didn't give CC info as an excuse. That was yet again their mistake and not yours.

I booked with these guys after seeing all the good reports. The one man I did speak with rubbed me the wrong way. It felt like he didn't want to be bothered. After calling back some time later I spoke with a woman and she was helpful.

I'm sorry you got dumped on. That wasn't the way to end a relaxing vacation. I may be rethinking this decision. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the same predictament.

I think I spoke to the same guy that you did when I called for a quote. He was rude and unfriendly and he totally turned me off from using them. Glad I didn't now! I'm sorry you went through that. For future reference, we ended up using Super Top Shuttle (www.topshuttle.com) and they were wonderful! My experiences with them were great communication and on time pickup. Prices were reasonable too. For the first time we were a group of five and it was about $20 pp including gratuity going from FLL to Miami (two separate hotels). Next time there were 15 of us and it was $10 pp including gratuity going from Miami to FLL.

When I called Larry's back that morning, the dude at the office told me it'd be the same ($65/hour) as the stretch. The contracted driver did give us a break at $50/hour, and that was for a 5 hour "tour"...having him at our disposal, not just a shuttle. We went to Ocean Dr. and Lincoln Rd. on South Beach, Coconut Grove, Little Havana, etc. in that time.

I'm glad this didn't ruin it for you. I had booked with Larry after hearing alot of great responses. When I booked @ $80.00 per trip for transfers (I have 3) the lady (who was nice) said they could not guarantee a limo pick-up. WHAT! Why would I pay for a limo and maybe get one. I did a little more Limo research (couldn't find much as everyone seems to book with Larry) and called and booked with Miami Limos. When I called to cancel with Larry, it was he who answered and wasn't the nicest of guys. Hope Miami Limos will be a good choice.

• 4 months later...

Archived