Pregnancy & Crusing

We scheduled our cruise for 9/8/07 Carnival Triumph to Eastern Caribbean..we are now pregnant and will JUST be at Carnival's cut off time of 27 weeks. Has anyone traveled at 25/26/27 weeks and had any issues boarding cruise? I would like to know if there is anything specific that I need to bring with me from the Dr. stating that we are safe to fly/cruise.

If you had any issues what were they? We are purchasing trip insurance for me just in case, but also in case we have to cancel or reschedule. My fear is that we will get there and not let us go. Our Carnival rep said as long as I was 26 weeks when we board, if I turn 27 weeks while cruising, we are ok to go....Any information will be very appreciated.

We are leaving for a Mediterranean cruise on June 1st. I will 24 weeks when we board and 25 by the time we depart. I was told, by our TA and Celebrity, I will be fine but I need a "permission to travel" letter from my Ob. They also said, if I would turn 27 weeks anytime during the cruise I would not be permitted to cruise. I would call the cruise line directly again. Also, it is usually on the website too.

As far as flying, check the airline website. We are flying Delta and I think it stated you could fly up until 2 weeks before your due date. I think our flight will be the worst part because it will be about 10 hours, but it is nonstop.

We always buy insurance for both of us. It does not cost that much. We booked this trip before we knew I was pregnant, but knew it could be a possibility before we set sail, so we double-checked that pregnancy was covered before purchasing. Make sure to include your flight in your total amount too.

I will try to remember to post some suggestions after we get back.

Mollie

And maybe also try getting something in writing from Carnival stating that you'll be allowed to board by the cruiseline. It seems that with Carnival, as with many other large cruiselines, you get conflicting stories from different reps, so it would be best to get confirmation from Carnival directly in writing, to bring with you along with your doctor's note.

Archived