Contemplating Carnival Glory Wedding

Hello everyone! First of all I'd like to say this forum is a GODSEND! My fiance' and I have been considering a Carnival Wedding, but I have to admit I have been a little apprehensive about it. I love the idea of having basically everything planned out for me, but I also have nightmarish visions of a tacky 80's-looking lounge as my wedding backdrop!

I have read a few threads (and checked out LOTS of pictures!) and I'm already planning on bringing my own cake topper, and possibly making my own bouquet out of silk flowers. We are thinking of having the wedding in January or February 2008. I just graduated nursing school & I have to accumulate some time off at my new job.

I am interested in anyone who has had a Carnival wedding....how did you feel about the rooms that held your ceremony & reception? Anything you can suggest to a Carnival Wedding Newbie? Also...any suggestions for a great balcony stateroom? I've heard the aft cabins are the place to be!

Thanks everyone for checking out my thread! :)

Hi NurseBeth:

If you are having a small wedding (around 10 to 36 guests), then choose one of Carnival's Spirit Class Ships (Legend, Miracle, Spirit, or Pride). They all have cute wedding chapels. Then have your reception in the piano bar or disco. The DeLux Romance is the best package.

This is the way to avoid being married in a bar setting.

I was very happy with being married in the chapel on the Carnival Legend. It was just right for a small wedding.

Or--for a lot more money for what you get on Carnival, try Royal Caribbean (ala carte pricing) and go for a voyager class ship with a chapel.

I was married on the Glory and nothing about it was tacky (I was completely afraid of that too!) I ended up going with the piano player so that I would be in the cinn-a-bar. Our ceremony was in the green room and it was very nice. We loved every minute of our experience! I personally didn't like the White Heat disco and thought it was a little on the tacky side (it has flourescent orange/pink decor with huge person-sized white plastic candles) so I didn't want to go with the DJ. I know that other brides have loved the disco though so it's all a personal opinion. Good luck with the planning and let me know if you have any other questions.

Congratulations!!! I am also contemplating which cruise line to get married on, I would love NCL, since we never sailed on one of their ships, we wanted to experience something different.

But I must tell you if you never cruised on Carnival, they really do have lovely lovely ships, nothing tacky about it at all, everything is done tastefully!!!! I sure wouldnt mind getting married on one of Carnival ships.

My fiance & I cruised on Carnival this past December. We live in Jacksonville, so we took the Celebration since it leaves from here in our hometown. Although we had a blast on our cruise, I was very apprehensive when I saw the decor of the ship. I also have to remember though that the Celebration was built in the Eighties and is apparently one of the cruise lines oldest & smallest ships. The piano player sounds pretty cool, but I know my fiance will want a DJ.

Archived