Can we do away with the towel animals and save the Sea?

steveaaaa

There is allot of talk about going green and saving the environment,but I still can't think of the waste that is being created to make people smile.The amount of clean towels that are wasted on those towel animals is unbelievable. I know,everyone is going to say they use them.Well I don't use towels that were stuck in anyones shoes (towel human animals).

I also don't want to use towels that are left on the bed spread. That is where all the babies in diapers get changed,so if you notice a skid mark on the bed spread,you what it is.:eek:

Steve

Are you bored tonight Steve?

I never thought of this, but you do have a point.

Yeh, a little bit, plus we got some of those canvas grocery bags today and they are a pain.But if it will save a manatee or other wildlife here and keep our landfills down I will do my part.

Steve

Towel Animals are re-cycling at it's best!

The stewards re-use them! For the next passengers. Some could be carbon-dated! Ever noticed the scotch tape on them.....and that they "disappear" the next day?

AND they're made of cotton.....can be washed when they're finally "dead" and are re-incarnated!

Best yet, they're not paper!

Good Lord, stevaaaa.............you don't waste them on yourself, do you? :eek:

LOL! We, too, try to get them to "stay" for a day or so by giving them sunglasses, the camera or a banana, having them hug, lining them up etc.

Alas, they do "disappear" back into the re-cycle bin of the steward's closet for the next passengers.

NO, I request that they not be done from the room steward.

Steve

I think that's a perfectly fine thing to do..........tell them NO towel animals!

You do use the regular towels you're given for your whole cruise....and no change outs as well? We do........equals less wash.

Skid marks! I knew that towel monkey wasn't wiping well! The Old Spice was to hide the smell of the towel monkey poop! In the mean time does anybody know how much diesel fuel the ship burns an hour? "Green Cruises". Give me a Break!

The bathrooms all have those little notices that say something about leaving your towels on the floor if you would like fresh ones, or hang them on the rod to save the resources it takes to launder them.

I always re-hang my towels, intending to just use them again the next day. Who needs fresh towels everyday? It's a luxury, yes, but it's also a waste.

My point is...my towels are always replaced anyway. The steward of course has only good intentions, but I wouldn't mind having the same towels for a few days.

I think our last cabin attendant must have been trained by someone like you. I needed to take the towel animals apart almost every day to have one to use.

By day 3, I would take to sneaking a couple off the cart, then hiding one from him. He even removed clean, folded towels from the shelf in the bathroom, so I'd hide them in a drawer. Some evenings we'd return to prepare for dinner and....no towels, just towel animals, so that's when we'd have to undo them to take a shower.

I only wish the attendant would have left the towels I hung up to re-use, that would have been fine. He never left enough, even when we asked him for more, no way, we only got 1 towel, 1 washcloth, 1 hand towel per person. All we needed was one more towel, for my hair, but no, he couldn't do that.

We had a pretty good sense of humor about it and the attendant down the hall even got into the whole joke with us, he would sometimes "smuggle" us towels :)

Every cruise I've been on, there is paper on the bed (left there for unpacking your suitcases) and later in the day, the beadspread is removed before we ever sleep in the bed, so no bedspread cooties for us. If we lived life looking through a microscope, we'd wouldn't even want to sleep in our own beds at home.

If we lived life looking through a microscope, we'd wouldn't even want to sleep in our own beds at home.

Or touch those nasty grocery carts to buy groceries or use the office telephone at work-which is said to be much nastier then public toilet seats-

Steve, Princess, HAL and Celebrity do not do towel animals- so if that really bothers your conscience that much-cruise them instead of RCI, Carnival and Disney. Now that is the 6 lines I know about on towel animals-maybe some of you other guys could suggest a few more lines.

KS, my guess Is Cunard does not do towel animals and NCL does. Am I right?

Or touch those nasty grocery carts to buy groceries or use the office telephone at work-which is said to be much nastier then public toilet seats-

I always bring some Clorox wipes with me to the grocery store and wipe down the handle and baby seat of the basket. I wonder how well it would work if I sprayed the bedspread down with Lysol when we get to our cabin? Why can't they wash those bedspreads? They're not that thick...it should be easy. :rolleyes:

I always bring some Clorox wipes with me to the grocery store and wipe down the handle and baby seat of the basket. I wonder how well it would work if I sprayed the bedspread down with Lysol when we get to our cabin? Why can't they wash those bedspreads? They're not that thick...it should be easy. :rolleyes:

On Carribean Princess we had an extra bedspread up in our closet and midweek it disapeered so I assumed they replaced it midweek with a clean spread-(plus I saw the carts were pile dhigh with laundry including bedspreads) but on other cruises I have been on recently the spreads were in the dryclean material which is why I guess normally they don't get cleaned as often. The CP had washable spreads.

I also noticed on debarkation day that the stewards had their cart piled high with clean bedpsreads. So I guess Princess does change the spreads between PAX-at least the CP does.

I shop mostly at Kroger and they provide the wipes at the front of the store right by the carts.

momofmeg ... on our last two HAL trips (2005 and 2006), we have had towel animals. Can't speak to the other lines you mention as not doing them.

Okay it was back in 2001 when we were on HAL-that was our Alaska cruise. I have also read that if you request them on Princess, they will make them. I think the animals are cute-but I have been on enough cruises now I really do not care-I would only request them if I was traveling with a young child.

Steve, Princess, HAL and Celebrity do not do towel animals- so if that really bothers your conscience that much-cruise them instead of RCI, Carnival and Disney.

Now I'm upset!!!!!!!! no towel animals for us, were on HAL.:( I so wanted to see them & have fun with them like FinelyRetired. Guess I'll have to refinance the house & book another cruise with a more creative line.

There is allot of talk about going green and saving the environment,but I still can't think of the waste that is being created to make people smile.The amount of clean towels that are wasted on those towel animals is unbelievable. I know,everyone is going to say they use them.Well I don't use towels that were stuck in anyones shoes (towel human animals).

I also don't want to use towels that are left on the bed spread. That is where all the babies in diapers get changed,so if you notice a skid mark on the bed spread,you what it is.:eek:

Steve

Save all the towel animals for the first few days, then have them mounting eachother in a bath towel animal orgy. The next day the cabin steward can make little towel animal babies from washcloths. This will give you the illusion that they aren't waste and they naturally reproduce.

Archived