Booking question.

I called carnival directly and they were giving me the same price as a travel agent, so I booked with the travel agent. In the end I got upgraded to a suite!!! Plus, if anything goes wrong I know I can call me travel agent!

You can call the PVP that is assigned to you and get upgrades too. I'm a firm believer that carnival takes care of its on bookings better than it would one booked thru a travel agency or online website.

I used a TA first cruise but have called carnival Direct ever since, that way you get used to one agent, and I get all the specials emailed to me from her. and I have gotten some deals that were unreal and the upgrades to boot. nothing better than going to the source, in my opinion.

I used a TA first cruise but have called carnival Direct ever since, that way you get used to one agent, and I get all the specials emailed to me from her. and I have gotten some deals that were unreal and the upgrades to boot. nothing better than going to the source, in my opinion.

I have used the same TA for 10 years now. Always get upgrades, obc and great deals. Carnival works really well with TA's. My TA has a great relationship with Carnival:)

Thanks guys, for all of the helpful information. You may be wondering why I ask this when I have sailed several times. Each of the cruises that I have taken have always been freebies. This last cruise a 7 day western carribean on the Norwegian Sun, was a $5.00 raffle ticket purchase at a non-profit fundraiser. The 2005 sailing aboard the Holiday, which was a fantastic cruise, was also a raffle ticket purchase. Now I am addicted and ready to pay for my next cruise, thanks for the advise.

Warm regards,

Jules

Whoever you chose try to stay with the same person and build a relationship. Since I book with the same PVP all the time I feel I get the best price and she E-Mails me with the specials she thinks I may like. She knows the time of the year I like to cruise.

You can get a lower price from a TA than a PVP from my experience. Either Carnival honors a price drop or they don't which ever you book thru.

Do a little research and get prices from both and than find someone you like and stick with them.

Archived