formal nights on the majesty

mrsTO

Hellow, I Was Just Wondering,does Anyone Know When The First Formal Night Is On The Majesty? I Think I Read That There Are Two. Is One Of Them A Captains Night?or Do They Even Have Them Anymore? Its Been 20 Years Since OuR ONLY Cruise And Boy Im Glad I Found Cc ,theres Alot To Catch Up On!!!!thanks For Any Info. Tina

There are no "Formal" nights on any NCL ship anymore.

NCL used to have an "Optional Formal" nights, but NCL doesn't even use the word "Formal" anymore. Today, in Freestyle Dalies across the fleet, you might read "Dress Up", or some other words to indicated dressing better, but you will not see the word "Formal".

Usually, "Dress Up" night is on the first "At Sea" day, the day after departure. Lobster will be served, therefore some will refer to it as "Lobster" night.

On a 7 day cruise or less, NCL has only one "Dress Up" night. On cruises longer than 7 days, they will have two "Dress Up" nights. On longer cruises, more will "Dress Up" on the first night than on the second night.

My experience has been less than 30% of the passengers will "Dress Up" on "Lobster" night. That number for those dining at the Main Restaurants. If you consider those dining at the Buffet, that 30% number drops much lower.

I was on the Majesty last June and my "Freestyle Dailies" listed the dress as "Optional Formal" on Monday and Friday nights. From the previous post, it sounds as if this has been relaxed even more since then and "formal" has become a 4-letter word. ;)

On Monday, the captain did make himself available at the entrance to the theater to shake hands with passengers and have a photo taken, but people were walking past him in jeans and sweats like he was a doorman.

Friday night was also very casual overall.

When we sailed on the Majesty in May, 2005, there was a Captain's Night that was a "formal optional" - there was a cocktail party where we were introduced to the Captain (and of course a photo op); and then music, dancing, cocktails, etc. While "formal" attire was not required, we were told that men had to have coats/ties, women in dresses, etc. in order to get in. However, several men in line before us were in sport shirts/dockers and allowed in.

On the majesty in feb, there was one dress up optional night it was the second night of the cruise, about 50 to 60% dressed up on our sailing, which can differ depending on sailing, our sailing had a more mature group of people and very few families, so that would make a difference.

There was no captains cocktail party. We enjoyed the casual dress option, and having the choice.

MAC

Archived