Carnival Spirit

vfb2girls

First time cruising, we will be on the Spirit to Alaska and was wondering about the mini-bar, does it cost any extra besides a tip to have the steward empty it? Also I think I read that there is only one outlet in the bathroom that can be only used for a shaver, is this correct? And also only one outlet in the cabin? What about storage for our luggage? We will have three large suitcases and one carry on, are we going to have a hard time finding a place to put our luggage? And one last question, if our cruise departs Whittier at 9:00pm what time is the muster drill? Thanks so much for the replies, they may seem like silly questions and ones that get asked a lot but this whole cruising thing is new to us and I have to admit I am a little nervous about the whole thing.

First time cruising, we will be on the Spirit to Alaska and was wondering about the mini-bar, does it cost any extra besides a tip to have the steward empty it? Also I think I read that there is only one outlet in the bathroom that can be only used for a shaver, is this correct? And also only one outlet in the cabin? What about storage for our luggage? We will have three large suitcases and one carry on, are we going to have a hard time finding a place to put our luggage? And one last question, if our cruise departs Whittier at 9:00pm what time is the muster drill? Thanks so much for the replies, they may seem like silly questions and ones that get asked a lot but this whole cruising thing is new to us and I have to admit I am a little nervous about the whole thing.

Plenty of room under the bed for luggage. Mini Bar emptying is no extra charge. You are correct about the outlets.

On the Alaska Board there is a thread called All things Carnival Spirit..Theres some good info there...What dates are you sailing??We are sailing out of Whitter on JUly 4th..I too am interested in the outlet situation..

I have been told the Muster drill is the next morning because we set sail so late...again I am not sure...It seems to me it should be before we set sail..

I have read on this board that you can have the mini bar emptied if you ask your room stewart very nicely..

What catagory cabin do you have..By the looks of the cabins I would say you should have plenty of room to store your luggage...

I have read through the thread on the all things spirit, a lot of useful info but the one thing that no one is sure about is the time of the muster drill. I would think that for safety reason it would be the night we are sailing. If anyone knows this info sure would appreciate it if you could let me know. We are in a balcony cabin, I think 8A? All I know is that we are on the main deck toward the middle of the ship, my TA suggested this location since we have no idea how sailing will effect us and wanted a cabin with the least movement. Anyway thanks for the info on the mini-bar and the storage, we are sailing on June 20, we were originally going to book the 4th of July but we were told that the fishing would be a little better in June, we shall see.

I wouldn't worry about the muster drill. They will have it whenever they have it.

If you're really concerned, there is information in the stateroom telling you where you should muster. You can always just check it out yourself until the official one. Your life jackets are in your closet, and a few under the bed as well if I remember correctly.

The muster isn't much more than a practice run. Similar to a fire drill in school. No need to worry about the timing of when they do it.

We were on the Spirit northbound out of Vancouver in 2005 and last year, we took the southbound cruise out of Whittier. On our first cruise, the steward would not remove the contents of the refrigerator for us--he said his supervisor would not allow it. So we emptied the contents, put them on the closet shelf, and put our stuff in the refrigerator. Then reloaded everything on our last day.

Last year, when departing from Whittier, they had the muster drill in Pharoah's Lounge. I loved it, because we didn't have to stand outside in the cold :)

Have a wonderful time! It is the experience of a lifetime!

Archived