New Mercury Aft Verandas?

CRUISENAV8R

Maybe I missed it, but if anyone has been in one of the new AFT verandas on Mercury, I need info soon.

I have booked 2 (1159, 1163) and payment is due tomorrow! I still have my Sky Suite (1211), but with 4, I'd rather have the 2 balconies.

Thanks

The biggest negative is the vibration when the thrusters fire when entering or leaving port. Also the the bed cannot be broken into 2 beds. Other than that they are fantastic. That is unless you want a bathtub. IF your SS is on deck 12, it's worth keeping, huge balcony. Otherwise, switch. Of course, 4 people for one bathroom vs two bathrooms. Hard choice. It all depends on what's important to you.

Thanks Rick.

I have always loved aft balconies, and always try to get them. However, now I'm concerned about the bed, as I had planned to put my 2 sons in the other room. They are a little old to be doing the sofa bed. Are you saying that the "main" bed in the cabins is all or nothing?

Jon

:confused: Hi,

Another item of concern....the bed is double only, i-e-;can't be split into twins....ALSO; it is sort of wedged against the wall on two sides,making it a bit clumsy for the person sleeping ( or wanting to ) against the wall. Has to climb over the other person in the bed. Jumping out from the front is hard as well: there is some sort of partition there.

IMO, the removal of the second sofa that was part and parcels in those old family rooms during the recent drydock is a '' minus''...I know they had to set a door somewhere as part of the ''addition'' of a veranda.....but...

As well, a previous poster on a similar thread points towards an overall reduction of approx 14sq' during the refurbish...

Great location, though !!!

Cheers

Happy sailings

;)

Archived