Ecstasy compared to Rhapsody

Mcmflow

I wanted to get peoples opinions who have been on both the Ecstasy and the Rhapsody on the differences in them. I would like to take my parents (early 60’s) on a cruise since they have never been. I’m thinking on the short side since I’m not sure how well my father will like it (not a water person).

Are there any major differences in the ships other than the decorating themes? Anything in particular that you liked about one over the other? Anything you think people in their 60’s wouldn’t like about Ecstasy? Food quality about the same?

Thank you for sharing your opinions.

I haven't been on the Ecstacy, but I have been on the Rhapsody. I didn't even realize it was a "small" ship until I read the stats about it later. It was a wonderful ship and we really had a great time... BUT, the prices are fairly high this year on RCCL cruises. We wanted to go out on the same port, but a different ship so we're doing the Conquest this year. I have heard wonderful things about the Ecstacy, too and I wouldn't think twice about accepting a cruise on that ship, either. I have been doing a LOT of reading on these boards and I think that they wouldn't be dissappointed with the cheaper cruise. Also, the CCL cruise on Ecstacy is 4 or 5 days. You can either go to just Cozumel, or Cozumel and Progresso (I think).

I have been on both. The Rhapsody is a little more "upscale". It just depends on your taste. Carnival is a little more "flashy", in my opinion. I took my 70s something mother and mother-in-law on the Ecstasy for their first cruise and they both loved it. For the price, the Ecstasy is a great first cruise. Then, when they fall in love with cruising you can try out the Rhapsody's 7 day cruise.

You will be pleased with either selection, in my opinion. I know my mom and mother-in-law really loved the Ecstasy. They are ready to cruise again!

I've been on both, too.

In the past two years, twice on the Rhapsody and six times on the Ecstasy.

I took my parents (mid and late 70s) on the Ecstasy in March of 2005, after years of trying to get my Daddy to agree. They loved it and we took our 3rd trip on the Ecstasy as a family in March 2007.

Try the 4 or 5 nighter on the Ecstasy first.

I had to promise my Dad in 2005 that I would fly him home from Cozumel if he hated the cruise...now he's ready for a 7 nighter. We're going on the Conquest in September!

Archived