Cruising Alaska On A Budget

CaribbeanBound

It sounds great and probably we will do some of the same type of things. I do wonder what the total cost was, he really only gives part of the picture. Plus, I wonder what ship has soda cards for $22.50, on Celebrity, we are paying $40 each for our kids.

Where in "Isle of Charlotte", CaribbeanBound? We are on nearby Mint Hill Cay:o

You are so right that it is very very easy to have a great Alaskan cruise without spending an "arm and a leg".... unfortunately too many people write it off as too expensive. I do recommend doing at least one helicopter excursion if possible but when I was a TA we had folks on all sorts of budgets cruising Alaska and I don't recall one dissatisfied customer...

Where in "Isle of Charlotte", CaribbeanBound? We are on nearby Mint Hill Cay:o

You are so right that it is very very easy to have a great Alaskan cruise without spending an "arm and a leg".... unfortunately too many people write it off as too expensive. I do recommend doing at least one helicopter excursion if possible but when I was a TA we had folks on all sorts of budgets cruising Alaska and I don't recall one dissatisfied customer...

THis is so true. On the Coral in June I spent about $300 on top of my cruise fare. I did hiking and walking around the towns. It was great. On the Dawn. I am going all out on excursions... have a glacier trek planned ($450), cruise to Tracy's Arm, whale watching in Victoria and will do something in Whittier and Ketchikan. So you can do it either way. I'll let you know which is more fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived