Getting married on Oceana July 2008; advice

Hi everybody. We're new to cruising and getting married on cruise E818 on Oceana July 2008 (to the Canaries). Has anyone been married on a cruise and can they offer any advice? (it's just myself and my fiance so no guests at the wedding !)

Welcome any ideas/advice?

:o

On my cruise in '05 there was a couple getting married on the ship. You could tell they were so excited and after the wedding they wore their wedding clothing all night...thank goodness it was a formal night lol. Congratulations i'm sure it will be a night you will never forget! Don't forget to ask if Princess offers any kind of special service for your first night as a married couple in your room!!! Never hurts to ask!!

Lesley Hi, congratulations on your pending wedding, we are planning to get married with P & 0 or Princess but not for another couple of years, any advice you find please let me know, we would be most interested.

I’m guessing this is your first cruise? If so you will have a great time on Oceana, she is a beautiful ship and before you know it you will be hooked!

I do not know off any hot tips/inside information regarding weddings but wanted to say congrats.

Any thing you want to ask regarding P & O let me know,

DaiB is an avid P & 0er so he will he a great help if he reads this thread.

Gemma. :)

Thanks to you all for your best wishes !!

Yes, it is our first cruise and thank goodness we found this website ! It's been invaluable.

Gemma : will let you know how it goes and congrats to you too !!

Will stay in touch

:)

Hello bridetobelesley,

Take a look at this group/forum by clicking on the link below.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/welovecruising/

If you join this group and ask your questions on there you will get all the info you require.Wealth of P.O. cruisers with loads of info and some who have first hand experience of weddings onboard.

Hope this helps,

Iain

Hi Lesley,

My fiance and I are getting married on Oceana in 2 1/2 weeks time!!!!!!! :D :eek: :D

We are off to the Med for our first ever cruise, taking with our 3 children and my parents. Soooo excited but also SOOOOO nervous!

P&O have been great with making all the necessary arrangements, they take care of everything for you. All you have to do is choose your date and fill in a few forms and the rest is done for you!

Booked it ages ago but it has come around so quickly, lovely not to have all the usual running around associated with a more traditional wedding...but still spending copious amounts of time nervously biting my nails!!:eek:

Can't wait, will let you know how it goes! :D

Hayley X

PS would love to hear from anyone else going on E714 this June, especially anyone going with children...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

Have a great time, have seen many happy weddings at sea, only heard of one couple were things did not go as planned, my only advise would be make a list of all the things you want, type of photos, type of flowers music etc, and go and check with every one a day or two before hand that they have what you have ordered, many cruise lines sub contract the wedding event to the same company to organise so they know what they are doing.

Can not give any more advise as I never planned to get married, saw others doing it on a beech so 24 hours later we did it that was well along time ago.

yours Shogun

Archived