Pearl, mini-suite or balcony

sharlon

Let me preface this by saying that we have never had a balcony cabin before and this is our first NCL cruise.

I am calling tomorrow and booking the Pearl for October. I can't decide on the highest balcony cabin (deck 10 midship) or a mini-suite (deck 11 forward - under the spa).

I keep rationalizing why we shouldn't spend the extra $200 to get the mini-suite. DH is saying go for it. I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks!

If you are under the Spa, be sure you are on the starboard side. We love the fwd side. We were in room 11014 in February on the Pearl. Great cabins, remember the mini suites have a very nice bathtub. The weight room is on the port side and there have been problems with the weight room from above.:)

Thanks for the info! Tom, I believe 11014 is one of the cabins available. I had read here about the weight room issue, so was already keeping that in mind. There are 6 mini-suites to choose from or we can go with a guarantee. We were thinking guaratee because all 6 cabins are within feet of each other. The only risk is being under the fitness center. What do ya'll think about going with a guarantee?

Thw minisuites are great. If you contact NCL or your travel agent you will probably find additional AF cabins. NCL only displays 6 cabins at a time. I would try for a cabin in the middle because of the easy access to the pool area as well as the buffet on deck 12. It's a great ship and you will enjoy your cruise.

Thw minisuites are great. If you contact NCL or your travel agent you will probably find additional AF cabins. NCL only displays 6 cabins at a time. I would try for a cabin in the middle because of the easy access to the pool area as well as the buffet on deck 12. It's a great ship and you will enjoy your cruise.

Good idea! I just figured that since the only 6 showing up (on several sites) are forward, that maybe those mid-ship or aft are already sold. I'll get TA to check. So I should take the cabin assignment instead of the guarantee?

So I should take the cabin assignment instead of the guarantee?

Yup, then you'll know you'll have a great location and won't get stuck under the weights. We've had balconies and mini-suites and now won't consider regular balconies anymore because that extra room really does make a difference.

I love the mini suites but I think a balcony would be a better choice this time since you have never had one. You save a little money, have a great cabin, and most importantly you can upgrade you next cruise to a mini. Always good to have a dream :) Once you cruise in a mini the future dreams get more expensive - penthouse balcony :eek:

No question you will be perfectly happy with a Balcony and it is almost imposible to go back inside after you do.

I tend to agree with Shoreguy's assessment of the situation. :)

Also, if you use the new website you can check a specific cabin for availability. :)

That's kind of what I was thinking, too, but our next cruise will be with 3 kids, so a minisuite won't be an option. $$$$$$$$$$ EEK! Sooooo, looks like we will go for the mini-suite.

Thanks for the note about the website. I have done that and found several cabins midship and aft. Waiting for TA to call me back.

Thanks everyone!

Sharlon

That's kind of what I was thinking, too, but our next cruise will be with 3 kids, so a minisuite won't be an option. $$$$$$$$$$ EEK! Sooooo, looks like we will go for the mini-suite.

!

Sharlon

Your right but my fear is it will be another Mini with the kids across the hall in an inside. :D :D

Your right but my fear is it will be another Mini with the kids across the hall in an inside. :D :D

I wish!!! Unfortunately kid #3 is only 1, so not an option. :-(

I went ahead and booked a mini-suite, but followed Heelfan's advise and did a cabin search. I found one mid-ship and snagged it. #11092... I am booked! YIPPEE!

I wish!!! Unfortunately kid #3 is only 1, so not an option. :-(

I went ahead and booked a mini-suite, but followed Heelfan's advise and did a cabin search. I found one mid-ship and snagged it. #11092... I am booked! YIPPEE!

Good for you! Please let us know how it goes. :)

Great job on choosing the mini for your next cruise. However, but warned they are addicting. I thought this was just a joke, CC's were teasing about, but now way, it is true. ;) ;) We had our first mini last year and now there is no going back. Love the extra room. Like shoreguy wrote, now to aspire for the penthouse and up.

Nancy

Archived