military ID

ronnarel

Has anyone booked a military rate cruise directly with Carnival. If so how did you send the DD214 copy to them?

Sent it via fax to the PVP (included booking number). Sent a follow-up e-mail to let her know that I sent it.

I booked a cruise about a month ago. They told me to fax it to 305-406-6478 Attn: Interline Desk and to

include the Booking number, Ship name, Sail date and

the name of the person who was in the military. I did

and my travel agent told me they received it. It was easy

We booked a month ago. You're instructed to faxx the cpy of the DD214 to 305-406-6478 Attention Interline

desk. You are to include your booking number, ship name and sail date along with the name of the person

who was in the military. All very easy to do!

I booked on April 16. I was instructed to fax my husband's DD214 to 305-406-6478 attention Research Department/military promo/booking#. I was told to include a copy of his driver's license. My PVP said to do this within 48 hours of booking.

We booked our cruise in January. Our PVP requested a copy of my husbands DD214 or military ID. He faxed a copy of his ID and we got the discount. Our friends did the same thing.

Does anyone know if they except a notorized letter saying his records were burned in the '60s? We cruised many times with Carnival never knowing of the Military Discount. Now that we learned from here, we requested paper and they sent a official letter stating his record are distroyed.:(

Does anyone know if they except a notorized letter saying his records were burned in the '60s? We cruised many times with Carnival never knowing of the Military Discount. Now that we learned from here, we requested paper and they sent a official letter stating his record are distroyed.:(

I would give it a try, I can't imagine them not accepting a notorized letter, was it from the DOD? I would be very unhappy if they did't accept it especially now when we need to support all our troops current and past. Good luck.

oh, as far as the 214, give a copy to your TA or fax it to your PVP, this is what we did.

Has anyone booked a military rate cruise directly with Carnival. If so how did you send the DD214 copy to them?

We did it different from everyone here. Our PVP told us we could email it. We scanned it into our computer & then just emailed it to him. Didn't have any problems & within a couple hours our booking showed the military discount.

Hope this helps!!

I have not booked directly with Carnival, but when we booked the military rate the first time we had to fax a copy of the military ID directly to Carnival and then also to the TA. We never had any trouble and really enjoy the discount.

I scanned mine and e-mailed to our PVP along with my retiree ID card and driver's license. It makes it easy for her to just pull up our e-mail when we book another cruise.

After having my credit compromised not once but twice be sure to black out the ss# on whatever you send. Since DH was in Iraq when I booked I faxed a copy of his orders and a copy of his passport seeing that he had his id's with him.

Hoo rah, Semper Fi devildog......:) From one of the few to one of the finest.:D

The reason they accept an ID or DD214 is because if your not active duty or retired, you wouldn't have an ID. Any Vet would have a DD214.

My TA says that the Carnival military discount is about the best discount in the industry.

My TA says that the Carnival military discount is about the best discount in the industry.

But it is still a good idea to check the other discounts. I have had two cruises where the Past Guest rate was cheaper than the MIL rate.

Dave

Heres a place to go to

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html

A couple of years back I recv'd a letter from the records people in STL---They were digitizing the paper and wanted to know if I wanted anything. SO I asked for almost everything and now I have another copy of my service record. For those still serving---If you can get a hold of your service record--make a copy of everything in it--same with your medical records

C

Archived