Sunset Beach Resort Questions

sea_u_onboard

Several on the boards have been very informative about Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay – but I have a few questions that I haven’t seen asked (or answered).

1) I know they provide snorkel gear – should I still bring along some alcohol to clean the mouthpiece?

2) Do they supply a snorkel vest?

3) Besides snorkel equipment – what other types of water items are included?

4) Do I need to make an appointment for a massage?

5) How much is a massage?

6) What other services are available (for a price) at the spa?

7) Do they have a gift shop?

8) What types of items are available?

9) Are they cheaper then the gift shops at the pier?

I heard you should bring your own mug – as they only have small cups available - Anything else you can tell me that will make my day at the resort even more enjoyable?

There is quite a bit of info. on Sunset if you go to the ports of call section and click on Jamaica. They're website is at www.sunsetbeachresort.com. They also have a toll free number where you could call and ask some of the questions you have that don't get answered. They're toll free no. is: 1-800-261-5013.

1. I keep the antibacterial hand cleaner with me just because of all of hype about getting sick on a cruise ship. It would probably work just as well on sanitizing the snorkel gear.

2. I don't know about the snorkel vest, you might have to call them on that one.

3. They also provide floatie mats, volleyball, paddleboats, canoes, and kids hard back floats. This is all they mentioned on their website.

4. The people that do the massages can be found walking up and down the beach asking if you want one. You can also make an appointment at the massage hut.

5. The massages are $1 per minute.:)

6. Don't know.

7. Yes, they have gift shops.

8. Local crafts, toiletries, snacks, insulated beverage cups, gift items, etc.

9. Don't know.

My advice would be to go to their website or call them to get anymore additonal info. You could even go to tripadvisor.com and read reviews of some of the people who have stayed there. You will get more detailed info. on the food, shopping, spa services, etc. there. Just be prepared to do some reading, the last time I went there, there were over 300 reviews of Sunset.:eek:

Archived