37 days 'til we cruise, now I'm starting to stress

bubbles1209

37 days 'til we cruise yay! Now I'm stressing a little though. Got our docs yesterday, dancing a little, will be dancing now 'til cruise time:D Called delta this morning to get our confirmation # on our flights, got it, got seat assignments for all flights except:eek: the initial flight out of town that morning.:eek: The agent told me she couldn't give me seat assignments for that flight, but we would be assigned seats that morning when we got to the airport. I told her I didn't want to get to the airport and them tell us we couldn't get on that flight because there isn't a seat for us:eek: she assured me that wouldn't happen and that we would be on that flight, said she guaranteed it. Am I stressing to much, or does this happen often. This is only our 3rd cruise, and for the 1st time we're flying in the day of the cruise, am I stressing for nothing? Anyone ever had it happen to them? Thanks in advance.:)

Not getting an initial seat assignment does happen. They hold certain seats from being assigned until check in. Just make sure you get there early to check in so there is plenty of time to check in and get an assignment before other passengers.

i don't blame you for being a little worried about this. i usually fly SWA, where no seat assignments are ever given, but whenever i have flied any other carrier, seat assignments were always given at the time i made the reservation.

are all legs of your flight (it sounds like you have a couple), on Delta? if so, did the agent tell you why she cld assign seats for all legs but the initial outbound? if you haven't already done this, you might want to go into the delta site and pretend to book air for your flight. see if it shows seat availability. if it does, call them back. and, if it doesn't call them back, LOL, but you'll have to see if you can get some further assurances that you'll have a seat and won't need to start searching for an alternate arrangement.

but, i wld caution you this: when our flight was cancelled in feb, one agent said to me, the flights today (the day before) are cancelled. don't worry, your flight (first thing in the a.m., and she knew this b/c she was looking at our reservation) will be fine. i called a couple of hours later, and another rep said she had no idea why that rep told me that. there wld be (in all liklihood) no way my flight wld go off b/c it was an originator and the plane wldn't be there. sure enough, a couple of hours after that, it was officially cancelled. so, i guess it's hard to even trust what a rep says w/o calling call 3 or more times and receiving a consistent answer.

As you know airlines overbook. If everyone shows, its those withotu seat assignments that get the axe first

This is true. I would call the airline back and speak to another agent about a seat assignment. Sometimes it depends on who you are speaking to. Agents vary. Try again and be persistent.

Ok, so I called Delta again, and was told the same thing. Delta holds back x amount of seats for FAA reasons, but I am guaranteed a seat. I also called Carnival air & sea, they checked and told me exactly the same thing and not to worry. So, guess we'll just be leaving a little earlier than planned to go ahead & be one of the first to grab a seat. Thanks for all of your replies.

Ok, so I called Delta again, and was told the same thing. Delta holds back x amount of seats for FAA reasons, but I am guaranteed a seat. I also called Carnival air & sea, they checked and told me exactly the same thing and not to worry. So, guess we'll just be leaving a little earlier than planned to go ahead & be one of the first to grab a seat. Thanks for all of your replies.

What I suggest you do is to do online check in 24 hours in advance and at that time it should allow you to pick your seats. But try to log on at exactly the 24 hour point when they release the seats so you will have the best choice. Had to do this just recentky for a friend of ours on SW. No seats before the 24 hour period and POOF there they were after...Good luck and Happy Cruising.!!!

What I suggest you do is to do online check in 24 hours in advance and at that time it should allow you to pick your seats. But try to log on at exactly the 24 hour point when they release the seats so you will have the best choice. Had to do this just recentky for a friend of ours on SW. No seats before the 24 hour period and POOF there they were after...Good luck and Happy Cruising.!!!

flight is at 7:15 am, so 24 hours before the flight leaves correct? So I'm looking at 7:15 the day before? Just wanna be sure, hope I can figure it out, tried to select seats online today and the site didn't even recognize my booking confirmation #, just said to call delta. Hope I don't have that problem then.

Archived