Carnival Liberty...Costa Maya or Ocho Rios?

cruise1985

Does anyone know the correct port for the Thu on the 6-day Western on the Liberty? The Carnival site says Ocho Rios, but another site (Southwest Cruises) says Costa Maya, and I've read posts here about that cruise stopping in Costa Maya. I am thinking of taking this cruise in Mar '08. Thanks!

Does anyone know the correct port for the Thu on the 6-day Western on the Liberty? The Carnival site says Ocho Rios, but another site (Southwest Cruises) says Costa Maya, and I've read posts here about that cruise stopping in Costa Maya. I am thinking of taking this cruise in Mar '08. Thanks!

Ocho Rios they change the itinerary few months ago..

key west/gand cayman and ocho rios

still same for 2008

carmen

That's too bad about the Liberty losing Costa Maya. I think it's a much better port than Ochos Rios. Looks like the 8-day Freedom Western Caribbean is picking up Costa Maya. I'm glad I caught Costa Maya when it was still on the Liberty 6-day Western Caribbean.

Ocho Rios they change the itinerary few months ago..

key west/gand cayman and ocho rios

still same for 2008

The Liberty also does Nassau/Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios in March 2008. We're on the March 9th sailing.

Kim

As much as I hate to say it, because Jamaica is such a beautiful island, we don't even get off the ship in Ocho Rios.

We went ashore on our first Carnival cruise to Ocho Rios and returned to the ship exhausted after spending the day fending off the locals who were two steps beyond insistent that we buy trinkets and drugs. A firm "no", that works everywhere else in the Caribbean, gets you a "What ...you don't like black people!" in Ocho Rios and environs.

Certainly, this is just our experience, but last month when we stopped at Ocho Rios we noticed that there were no lines to get off the ship and a lot more people on the Lido deck all day.

Ocho Rios can be tough as a cruise port.

Actually, I LOVE Jamaica but I think it is much better to visit on a land vacay.

A reputable tour operator (there are some great suggestions on the Ports of Call Board) or a cruiseline tour are nice options in Ocho, also, you could easily walk over to the Island Village shopping area and hang out at Margaritaville and the like without much hassle.

When does the itinerary change take effect? I am sailing on the Liberty this July and am looking forward to Costa Maya!

The Liberty includes Costa Maya through July. Have fun. It's one of my favorite ports and least expensive to have a good time. Take the bus to Majahual and walk to the end to Pez Quadro. It's impossible to go wrong at that place.

When does the itinerary change take effect? I am sailing on the Liberty this July and am looking forward to Costa Maya!

The ports change as of August, 2007. Its either the 12th or the 18th.

We go to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

Archived