Is this normal? (Question about Carnival PVP's)

wework2play

This is my first time cruising with Carnival. I originally booked through a PVP for Carnival. I wanted a room mid-ship but there were none available. It was pretty early, so the PVP said she would check a couple times a week, hopefully find me one and she would call me. Never heard from her again. I left several messages, no response.

Finally, I got an e-mail from my new PVP (apparently the original PVP is no longer working there) saying I needed to make my final payment. (I really want to call and pay it off when no one will even return my calls!?? ) So I left a message for the new one. No response.

My DH called the 800 number today to pay the final payment, but got upset with them and could not bring himself to pay it. They basicly told him not to deal with the PVP, just make a payment and call the 800 number with any questions. I just have a hard time paying almost 4,000 and getting lousy service.

Now I have to call to make our last payment but I'm mad at them too. :(

Is this normal for Carnival or just a fluke?

I've used PPVs at Carnival many times & always had a great experience. For the past number of years, I have used one particular planner. She is so wonderful that one time when our family booked with an internet travel agency (better price that Carnival couldn't match), and ultimately found that agent to be rude & unhelpful with an issue, I called our usual Carnival girl for help. She assisted me with rectifying the problem even though she wasn't even the booking agent.

You should call up the 800 Carnival #, request a supervisor and make them aware of the problem & have them handle your final payment.

Sounds like I have had the same luck as you. I called this week to change from one sailing to another. I got my pvp and she said she was on the other line and would call me right back. Been 3 days now. Really by accident I found a ta and she said she would do it for me. She not only did it, but gave me a great price and emailed me today and got an even lower rate. I hope I can keep this one and won't have to look anymore. I haven't had any luck with Carnivals pvp's,but good luck with RC.

Good Luck!!! Don't let it ruin your cruise though, we actually love cruising carnival and lookiing forward to going on the Liberty again.

I think most of us have had very good PVPs. Sorry,but sounds as if you got a dud. I've had two who were great. One was promoted to corporate office, and the other I've used for the past few cruises...also great. They both found little extras for me. This one sends a bottle of wine to my cabin....and somehow, I've never cruised in the past several years without having an OBC.

BTW, anyone at Carnival can take your final payment...even the person answering the 800 number. All they have to do is look you up on the computer.:)

I have used a carnivals PVP and have also had great experience with him. He has helped me book a few cruises and also is helping me currently book my group cruise. I guess it depends on the type of person you get. Some people just aren't cut out to work at those type of jobs because they have awful people skills.

sorry for your bad luck.

I have used a carnivals PVP and have also had great experience with him. He has helped me book a few cruises and also is helping me currently book my group cruise. I guess it depends on the type of person you get. Some people just aren't cut out to work at those type of jobs because they have awful people skills.

sorry for your bad luck.

There are a couple other threads on here regarding their pvp's being let go. I guess your's was one of them. As Truecruiser said on another thread.....they must be cleaning house. I'm surprised since you said you booked early you could not get midship....

We use a TA and have never had a problem getting the right cabin location and she is always on top of everything. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones:) I would suggest next time you book....get a couple of quotes from different agencies. You might find someone you will click with...

Good luck!

I love email but my PVP is not into email. I email him and he calls me. Works just fine, he's a talker and always makes me feel special. I booked 6 cabins about 9 months out, contacted him every time the price dropped. He rebooked us each time. Finally when the cruise rolled around he called about a week before to wish us bon voyage and ask if we had any last minute questions. He also called a couple weeks after to make sure we had a good time. What is wrong with Customer Service these days? You should find a new PVP.

Sharonette, My Carnival PVP, is awesome She's been my PVP for several cruises now and is very thorough and extremely helpful....she knows I do my homework before calling her to book a cruise...and has no problem with the fact that i am so involved/informed when calling her...and she always calls me back.

Archived