The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre

Katriean

Have you seen the website through Sheraton?? It surely impressed us!

*Fantasy 11/97;12/00;12/01

*MS Destiny 7/98;9/00

*Sov. of the Seas 9/98;9/99;5/00;1/04

*Majesty of the Seas 3/01;5/02

*Fascination 5/01

*Celebrity Millenium 1/02

*Navigator of Seas 11/02

*Grandeur of the Seas 5/03

*Explorer of Seas 9/03

*Disney Wonder 11/03

*Radiance of the Seas 5/04

*Mariner of the Seas 11/04

GOTTA LUV CRUZIN'

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;05;28;13;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until ALASKA!! Mama's trip!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;11;07;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Mariner of the Seas

• 1 year later...

We stayed there a few years ago. It was lovely had a huge room with floor to ceiling windows that looked out on the water. Could see the cruise ships leaving for Alaska. The lobby is sort of on the small side and somewhat crowded but the room was very spacious and comfortable. You won't make a mistake if you stay there.

We stayed there last year after our cruise. I loved the bed. OMG it sure was heavenly! As a previous poster said the rooms have great floor to ceiling windows, although we had a city view. We ate lunch at a really nice casual Japanese restaurant that we walked to from the hotel. I would definately stay there again!

We stayed there last week post cruise, after getting it on Priceline for $82(us). It was a $10(cdn) cab ride from the cruise ship pier.

I really liked the hotel. As rawlr4 said, the lobby is small, but that didn't bother me any. The grounds are very nice and well maintained.

What I really liked was that we arrived at the hotel at around 9:30 AM and were able to check into the hotel at that time! I know it depends on what's available that early, as normal check-in time is at 3:00 PM. We had a room on the 21st floor with a beautiful view!

This hotel is a bit further from the pier, about 6-7 blocks or so, but only 2 blocks from Robson Street, which was great! Lots of good restaurants there. There was also a nice grocery store 1 block away with a wonderful deli.

I'd definately stay there again!

My mother and I stayed there last Sept, one night pre-cruise, one night post-cruise.

I agree that the rooms were very nice, clean and spacious, and the bed was extremely comfortable. But I didn't care very much for the hotel restaurants and the area is hilly, so walking to another restaurant was out of the question for us for several reasons (Mom has a bum knee, plus we were exhausted from the flight, the wait in line at immigration at YVR and the wait at YVR (an hour) for the cruise line transfer). I guess we could have taken a taxi to another restaurant, but as I said, we were pretty exhausted. Also, I guess we were spoiled by our previous stay in Vancouver at the Renaissance on the waterfront. Another poster mentioned the small lobby...very small. At peak check-in and check-out times there was a long wait and very little place to sit and wait.

My overall impression is unless I get a very, very good deal from the Sheraton, I'll try a different hotel next time.

phabric, Wish I could help you with your question, but we travelled to Vancouver from Seattle via Amtrak. We walked to the Skytrain which took us to a stop right across the street from the train station.

Maybe someone else could help you with this one.

My son and I will be staying at the Sheraton for one night, pre-cruise June 4th. I got a good deal on Hotwire (not quite as good as susan's on Priceline, but close). I'm glad to hear that the hotel is only 2 blocks from Robson Street, because that will be one of our destinations.

phabric, I plan to take a limo from the airport to the hotel. I believe the rate is not much more than a cab, and with lots of luggage I figure we might as well be comfortable.

Thanks to everyone for all the info so generously shared!

Laurie

We'll be staying at the Wall Centre one night pre-cruise in September. Got it for $84 on Hotwire.

Phabric- We'll be renting a Lincoln Town car from Budget at YVR. It cost only $48 US total for one day. They're allowing us to drop it off in Downtown West, a few blocks from the Wall Centre and will provide us a free ride to Canada Place to board the ship. We'll use the car to tour as much of the city as we can in a day.

Archived